87 Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
Im not looking to spend a ton on a radio and I had great luck finding a Tan seat belt in here, so I figured I would ask...

Does anyone has a radio that they want to get rid of? Mine currently works whenever it feels like, but mostly never. Grounds are good and all connections, but it just hardly ever works.

You must be registered for see images attach

The speakers are ok sounding, so I dont need those. I guess I could settle for an aftermarket one but a WORKING, Factory Radio would be cooler. :)

Craig

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
There is an outfit in MO that sells refurbed factory stereos for these squares and they add an AUX port. I will see if I can find a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
There is an outfit in MO that sells refurbed factory stereos for these squares and they add an AUX port. I will see if I can find a link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you!:cheers:

Go figure, I drove the truck home today...radio worked the whole time!:Insane:

slowgo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500 3+3
Engine Size
454, nv4500, 205, 4.56 rp
Sub'd for the link as well.

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
OK I found the company but they don't show any radios for squares in stock on their website at the moment. I have sent them an email asking about them. I also requested info on sending in factory radios to get refurbed. Im not sure what the price is yet, but you can send in yours and they will rebuild it and add and aux plug. They can also add Bluetooth and whatnot but im not sure that applies to vehicles this old. Will post up the reply I get along with link for their website.

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
OK I found the company but they don't show any radios for squares in stock on their website at the moment. I have sent them an email asking about them. I also requested info on sending in factory radios to get refurbed. Im not sure what the price is yet, but you can send in yours and they will rebuild it and add and aux plug. They can also add Bluetooth and whatnot but im not sure that applies to vehicles this old. Will post up the reply I get along with link for their website.

Awesome! Thank you very much for the help. :cheers:

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56

Did you ever hear back from the radio guys?

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
No they haven't emailed me back, but I will reach out to them again. Did you check out that ebay link I posted? I think I'm going to do the dash repair that was posted on here the other day and buy one of those to stick in it.

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
No they haven't emailed me back, but I will reach out to them again. Did you check out that ebay link I posted? I think I'm going to do the dash repair that was posted on here the other day and buy one of those to stick in it.

I can get the Secret Audio stuff, but Im trying to keep this original as possible. Well other than a 6L with a T56. :Insane:

kleedus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Truck Year
1960 threw 91
Truck Model
c10 to k30
Engine Size
350 threw 454
I would just put a nice stereo in it and be done with it. you can get a cheap kenwood or something like that that would be way better than the stock stereo.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
I'd say it depends on what you really want to do. If you or someone you knew was really good with a soldering iron, you could bypass the internal amplifier circuits and run a line level output to a equalizer and then to an external amplifier and good set of aftermarket speakers. Carefully match your speakers and amp and you will have a great sounding system.

Qwk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7/T56
I would just put a nice stereo in it and be done with it. you can get a cheap kenwood or something like that that would be way better than the stock stereo.

Im gonna hit the local pawn shops and see what they have. I saw a JVC and a Pioneer on Ebay, but hopefully I can find one local. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising