87 GMC Cummins swap and 4x4 conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87sierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 2500
Engine Size
5.7L 350 TBI
Okay so in the near future I am planning on doing a cummins swap and convert my 2wd to 4x4. Right now I have a cummins out of a 91 and a pair of axles the front is a dana 60 king pin not sure on the rear would assume it a dana 70 both rebuilt. The only thing I need is the trans and tcase and drive shafts from a dodge looking for a nv4500 or 6500. Before I install the motor I plan on going through it and replace all the bearing, bushing and gaskets and give it a coat of paint. I need to know if i can you the factory cummins engine mounts with slight modification with the factory gm mounts and use dodge robber bushings. Or should I buy custom mounts also i want to run a gm alternator truck will not have a/c are there any aftermarket mounts to do that or do I have to keep the dodge alt.. I have most of the tools and between my Dad and I we have enough fabrication skills and mechanical knowledge to do this swap and conversion. Thanks in advance for any help and advise

87sierra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra 2500
Engine Size
5.7L 350 TBI
okay been awhile since I have been on so far I have the engine at home and began disassembly. Once its fully disassembled I am going to put new bearings pistons and gaskets in the engine. Some of the performance upgrades include 100hp injectors, head studs, bigger turbo, 4200 rpm governor spring and Denny stage 2 fuel pin
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD