86 K10 5.3 swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Cool. They made it sound like I would have to notch the crossmember for the pan to fit. What is the pedal you ended up using? I took the pedal from my 2005 Suburban donor vehicle but there is no way it is going to fit under the dash. Even with a bracket to locate it further left I do not think it will clear the bottom of the dash.
You must be registered for see images attach

To have a factory looking pedal use one from a 90's Chevy 6.5 Diesel pickup.
I used one on my 6.0 LS swap. Only required one wire swap and a notch in the connector.
See my K5 build thread.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
also notice the bottom radiator hose in the pic above is backwards (I think). It's rubbing on the fender well pretty good. So I'll be draining it as. LOL gonna go buy a new bucket for that. I'm down to $25 bucks left of the "truck money" bank account.
Didn't document radiator hoses for use with an LM7 w/stock radiator.

Upper = E71989 (cut ends to fit)
Lower = E71990

hoagster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
1973, 2000
Truck Model
K10, 1500
Engine Size
5.3l
I think he missed a 12v trans wire that you'll need to hook up otherwise it'll be in limp mode - I used the factory fuse box and can give you a correct pinout if you'd like. There's a ton of unused connections that can be REALLY helpful like for fuel pump and the like.

Fans were a bit of a hassle but I just kept upping fuse rating til they stopped blowing. That fan setup on lt1swap is kind of overkill like his obd2 wiring.
I'm getting ready to connect my LM7, I was wondering if you still have your pin outs to the factory fuse box still, my truck is a 73 so alot of things are not on my fuse box. I only have, a few connections to get the motor running. Starter sol, inginition, full time 12v, Fuel pump (which) is not on the fuse box, should be able to use another key on pin. I'm prety sure I have figured out, but always good to hear it from someone else.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
block and heads sent to machine shop during Dec. Had to wait to get bearings and such when I got them back. About 8 hours into disassembly of the truck and here we sit. Getting warranty replacement steering box tomorrow, replaced front shocks this evening. Engine was a full rebuild....tired of used/unknown engines. Upgraded cam ($25 more vs a stock replacement) from BTR....thanks BTR for Military Discount!. Hopefully get it tuned this time around.

The ultrasonic cleaner is just awesome. It will hold a head and a few other things. Honestly, I don't think I would take $1,500 for it.....and I used it with no heating elements running. Heads clean as you see in about 1.5 hours if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL