84 Headlight buzzer install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwgreen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
5.7L V8
Hey all,

I have a 84 that I want to add a headlight buzzer reminder onto. I've searched the forum and found some advice but my truck doesn't have the courtesy block down by the gas pedal. There is a relay or 2 down there but I can't tell what it's for. I picked up the buzzer from LMC but the instructions don't seem to make sense for my truck. It's supposed to be installed on the fuse block between a couple fuses but I can't seem to find the correct combination. I saw online that people use a SPDT relay to make a buzzer setup. Is this what I need to do or is there a simpler solution via the fuse block?? Any advise would be appreciated.

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
If you download and look at the 1984 wiring diagrams the truck probably already has the buzzer.

The ignition switch has an internal microswitch that closes contacts to ground when the key is inserted. The wire you need is a Light Green wire marked as Circuit 80 in the wiring diagrams.
The circuit 80 wire runs to the "Seatbelt Warning Buzzer and Timer"... GM should've called it a multi-function buzzer. It buzzes for more than the seatbelts.

They also used that buzzer for the RPO T63 "headlamp warning buzzer". This post is how you add one of those... http://www.gmsquarebody.com/posts/293863/

jwgreen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
5.7L V8
Thanks hatzie, I looked at that thread but missed the second page where it tells me exactly how to hook it up.

Here's the installation instructions on that thread if anyone else needs them.
Hook the end of the red wire around one of a blade on the LPS fuse and plug it back in.

Hook the end of the black wire around the end of a blade on the IGN fuse and plug it back in.

zip tie the buzzer to something sturdy or another wire.

Test and enjoy.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
Those two connection points are Pak Con III plug sockets.
The Pak Con III plugs are obsolete but you can still buy the terminals.
IGN is an A socket that takes the Natural Pak Con 12004888 plug.
LPS is a D socket that takes the Green Pak Con 12004885 plug. You can use a Packard 56 female terminal in socket 9 on the headlamp switch. The socket 9 hole is likely where GM hooked it up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64