84 c10 Race wiring harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erichl504

Reaction score
First Name
Erich
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
i want to use a racing wiring for my 84 c10. its going to be a track truck but might drive it to work once in a blue moon. i was looking at using a Painless 12-curcit wiring harness. has anyone ever done this?

warrpath4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1972/ 1977
Truck Model
72 K5/ 77 Jimmy
Engine Size
350/ 400
i have never used painless, but check out these guys http://ezwiring.com/ i have used ez wiring on a couple jeeps, simple and easy to use and cheaper than painless

Guardian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
Have a painless 18 circuit. Not too much of a problem if you know basic electricity. I would recommend more circuits if you are planning on have many accessories.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
At the cost of Painintheass harnesses are, and the availability of OEM harnesses at junk yards, I just prefer to stay OEM. Even for LS or Vortec Swaps you can get the ECM harness and inbreed it with your current OEM harness farily easily with some patience.

You mention race harness. So are you just want to go with a barebones 12 circuit loom for simplicity or a full race truck. I could see it for a gutted ground up race truck, but you mentioned driving it on the street. So yeah, I'd stick with OEM.

Guardian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
c 10
Engine Size
I do agree! The painless kits are pricey. I replaced mine because of the degradation of the insulation on theOEM harness. I had to repair 6 wires under the hood when I did the engine install. I don't want all my hard work to burn up because of an aging insulation that I can't see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DamnTexan77