78 c20 suspension/break budget help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20 scotsdale
Engine Size
hopped up L31 waiting for a hot 400
Soo I have a 78 c20 that is going to be cranking out 500 plus hp and have a lot of money in my driveline, but I also am trying to budget for breaks and suspension. My want is to put disks all around with new lines and a new master cylinder and brake booster, im looking to re do my system on a slight budget yet be able to stop my truck. I dont think i will be on it 24/7 at all but id just like it to be able to handle the few occasions I do and my normal street driving. My next question is is there a wide variety of suspension components to choose from on a budget. I had found what I want at my local truck shop and am now just waiting on buying everything like 1200 worth of parts for lowering/ handling. My question I guess is there any good suspension setups on my budget or should i stick with buying from the trucck shop? sorry if this question is vauge im typing this very late and hoping to find some insight for more pricing and a wider variety of these parts for these systems than i have found already. Thanks

Konas new ride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
What is your budget????????????? Cause what you call a budget others will think is lots and others will think is peanuts..

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20 scotsdale
Engine Size
hopped up L31 waiting for a hot 400
What is your budget????????????? Cause what you call a budget others will think is lots and others will think is peanuts..

Suspension budget 1-$1500
Breaks-$1000 or under

I really shoulda been more specific I typed it right before I went to sleep

Last edited:

cbrodine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Collin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
I have a 73 GMC C25....I bought all the parts to do the rear disc brake conversion using factory parts...rotors, calipers etc. I got all my stuff from RockAuto for a few hundred bucks. I had to buy some conversion brackets also....just do a search and find some, lots of different company's make the brackets as its a common swap. I also bought a complete brand new brake line set from Inline Tube for less than $200. If your gonna go to the trouble to do all this you should be replacing the rubber brake lines as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartunesguy