77 suburban pulse wipers, need help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slick_james187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban c10
Engine Size
454, 7.4L
Hey guys! Been a while since I was on here, how have you all been?

Anyways, my 77 suburban came factory with pulse wipers, but the switch fell apart and I had zero luck finding that switch.

I did some research and found that I can swap in a 78 or newer wiper motor, switch, and relay.

I got a wiper motor, the switch, the relay and all connectors with it out of a 82 pickup. Problem is, i cant seem to wrap my head around what I need to do.
Any help would be excellent!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Below are the wiring diagrams for both the involved model years (77 & 82). They might help you get an idea of what is involved.

1977:

You must be registered for see images attach

1982:

Big question is; did you scavenge the wiring harnesses from the 1982?

The 1982 has 5 leads connected to the wiper/washer assembly - it looks like there are 7 but 2 (the gray and the white) are redundant. On the other hand, the 1977 wiper/washer assembly only used 4 leads. So at a minimum, you will have to run an extra lead - unless you took the engine side harness.

It would be hard to describe what you need to do without knowing what wiring harnesses you have to work with.

Photos would help a lot.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xXmutantXx