'75 K10 lwb in Weed NM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

otter5555

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
i bought SEVERAL new chevy k series trucks from 1975-1980. used 'em on the ranch, hunting and for playin' in the (serious) mud.

built my own lift kits before lift kits existed (if there were any i couldn't find 'em)

used 9:00 x 16 military tires (34" tall avg) before mudders of any size were available. by the time 44's came out i was too caught up in buisness to do any 4wheelin'. life happens....

i destroyed a lot of u-joints and 3rd members back then in the deep mud :)

anyhow, i'm 65 years young now and started building trucks again 4 years ago.

my current project, and i won't be selling this one, is coming along nicely.

i'm not restoring it. i'm just making it comfortable, capable and reliable.

i'm building the same truck i used to build in the 70's except i used to run 15:00x38.5x15 mudders on 15x10 chrome spokes and i'm running different wheels/tires on this one.

i built a .030 flat top 350 w/ nice lopey cam, 202 heads, aluminum hi rise and 600 holley. 2.5" exhaust dumps into a pair of turbos. it pulls smoothly to 6k when ever needed.

it still has enough vaccum to run the brakes and w/ 4:11 gears it pulls just fine.

i'm running the sm465 / np 205 that came in it.

this truck is my daily driver, wood truck, hunting truck, etc.

i totally gutted the interior and pressure washed all the rat turds out. installed a '94 chevy truck steering wheel, new door panels, new astro turf, dash pad, dash mat (lots o sun here) and bucket seats (with new covers) from a 2001 expidition. new autometer gauges were installed.

i bought what was supposed to be a 4" rough country lift kit. it turned out to be 6" in the front and 4" in the back.

i've installed a TON of 4" and 6" lift kits on these square bodies and have NEVER needed to lengthen the brake lines or front driveshafts with 4" kits.

this one required both.

i bought bfg 35 x 12.50 x 15 km2's and mounted them on 15" x10 Pacer LT Mod 164P polished aluminum wheels.

i changed all the fluids in the front diff-465-205-rear end. it has the old posi traction in the rear and it still works fine.

clutch, etc are fine. there are zero leaks and the brakes are fine. i did rebuild the steering components when i installed the lift kit.

it rides firmly and drives perfectly.

the front end and cab are in decent shape. the bed needs a little help.

i will be welding up a few cracks in the bed replacing missing/bent fender braces after i pull a few dents.

i'm not going crazy with the body work because honestly, i dont care. this is a daily driver and wood hauler.

i burn 12 cords of wood on an avg year so i cut wood all year long after work unless the snow's bad :)

i have painted countless cars-trucks-boats-aircraft over the years but wanted to try something different on this truck so i bought Elastiwrap for my coating.

i also decided (after seeing youtube videos) to roll it on vs spraying as i've done for about 50 years.

i rolled the front fenders and hood yesterday in about 1 hr (3 good coats) and i could not be happier :)

the look is exactly what i was going for and it was super EASY.

i hope to finish the coating in a week or so and i'll post pictures then.

i know this was long winded but hey, we're talkin' trucks :)

Don in Weed NM

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:welcome:

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Before we get too far along here, I think I speak for the majority here at GMSB when I say please post pictures as soon as you're ready because everyone'll want to see. Sounds like a cool rig, and welcome to the forum.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Howdy!

Awaiting pictures :popcorn:

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Welcome to the site..

otter5555

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
welded up all the cracks in the bed and rear fenders after work today. if i get a chance i will roll the coating on the rear fenders tomorrow.

otter5555

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
i finished the elastiwrap today.

all told it took me about 8 hrs to roll 3 heavy coats on the truck.

blue was my second choice but i bought it because it was on sale for $34.99 / gal plus shipping.

it is soooo easy to roll on.

i used 2 full gallons to cover the truck well.

i have a ton of work to do in my business so i won't be doing any more work to the truck for a week or 2. then i'll spray 4-5 coats of the elasiwrap in the bed and install my roll bar and led lights.

i am ordering the nice aluminum diamond plate bed rail and tail gate plates for a nice contrast.

i will also replace the cracked windshield and tint the windows pretty dark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe