6.2L Fuel System Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bad_idea

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
6.2L Diesel
Hello All. The fuel system in my Burb leaks back to the tank if I let it sit for more than a week. After looking over the fuel system I would like to replace the entire works up to the IP. There is already an aftermarket screw on fuel filter on the firewall in place of the stock unit.

I would like to delete the stock mechanical pump and put an electric pump back by the tank. I would also like to install a 'big crap' filter between the tank and the pump. Then screw on a 'small crap' filter on the firewall at the engine.

I would like to install a momentary switch on the firewall to run the fuel pump for bleeding the lines with a bleed valve on the line just before the IP.

My long term plans are to possibly put a turbo on it to up the power a bit, nothing crazy.

I fit pipe for a living, so custom bending new lines is not an issue. I plan to run stainless tubing through out with short hose sections as needed. Flare fittings at the connection points.

So, for the questions:
  • Fuel line size with future plan of turbo in mind?
  • Pump recommendation?
  • Sketches of ideal setup?
  • Pictures of upgraded systems?
  • What filters at each location? Should I group the filters together in series back by the tank? I assume a filter before the electric pump is preferred?

My goal is to build a reliable old truck that is easy to work on. I would like to keep cost reasonable without compromising quality.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes