6.2 mechanical injection pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dieselbrent

Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy
Engine Size
5.9L Cummins
I currently am building a mechanical 6.5 that has the DB2 injection pump. I have 1/2 inch braided line I want to run to the injection pump with AN fittings. Does anyone know the size of the feeder line at the injection pump. I cannot find the size. I just find the hose size used. I hope someone can help me out. Thank you

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Sigh. Why do people ask these questions on a Friday night? I'm around these things all day long at work, but you ask just in time for the weekend. Oh well, if you can wait 'til Monday I'll tell you exactly what size they are.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Okay, you've waited long enough.

The fitting on the pump is a 7/16"-24 thread inverted flare. The tubing is probably 3/16" I.D.

Sorry about that. It completely slipped my mind.

Blue Ox

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Try a search for feed the beast mod.

Seems a little over the top. Even the 4 plunger 310HP marine injection pump still had the same 3/16 inlet fitting. But keeping it well fed is certainly a good idea anyway.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I have also read a lot of discussions on what is the proper fuel pressure for the pumps on the 6.5 and it seems that it may be slightly higher than what the GM specd. Them for.
But You probably best do Your own research as My memory serves just about no purpose as I get older.

You must be registered for see images attach

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Seems this 70 is not serving Me well. LOL

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Oh yes too. If You do not have a fuel pressure gauge that You can moniter, best to get one. Try not run ing a live gauge with a tube into the cab. Diesel fuel can not only ruin interior components, it is highly flammable in the right conditions.
If the lift pump fails, the DB2 and the DS4 are both capable of drawing fuel through the pumps and from the tanks. That condition will destroy the IP after a time. The engine will seem to run fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes