4speed to automatic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My85MM74x4

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I just like trading trucks to be honest and I fixed this one up and have had it for a few years. I have had several over the past 15 years and they all have their own personalities I think. I am looking for a 4x4 that has a nice lift kit and big tires. I dont do rock crawling but I have not had a truck like that yet.

To each their own I guess..lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just like trading trucks to be honest and I fixed this one up and have had it for a few years. I have had several over the past 15 years and they all have their own personalities I think. I am looking for a 4x4 that has a nice lift kit and big tires. I dont do rock crawling but I have not had a truck like that yet.

To each their own I guess..lol

I am like you on the newer trucks. I never had one over 2 years, usually traded for another new one about every 9 months to 18 months until I got my 2003 Avalanche and couldn't get sick of it. Divorce took that one from me though in bankruptcy.
On the older trucks that I put my time and effort into, I tend to want to keep forever and ever. I'd damn sure be keeping that one if I owned it. Wish I had something worth trading for it, but I don't. All mine are work in progress, and very slow progress at that. :roflbow:

My85MM74x4

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Funny,

I get the same way about restoring some of them, some I get down very quick and some take years. Depends on mood, money and my wife..lol

Ferdwerd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
Awesome info guys, i know its an old thread but it is finally the info i have been searching for!
I just joined the site,seemed i would never figure out what trans i had.
I have an 84 K10 4x4 with 350 long box it has this 4 speed in it. Also has posi with 4:10
The shifter is wasted like stirring soup and the trans has a slight howl in the low gears.
Plans are to pull it out here shortly and rebuild it.
Also from what i have read my best option is to send out the shifter to hurst and have it rebuilt.
Thanks for the help and for all your future help! LOl
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Damn, and here I have an auto truck and wanting to go Fo Speed. You guys got it the easy way.

roving4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
xxxx
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have read a lot regarding these MM7 RPO Code Trucks and they are very rare and if you find one you will find it even harder to find the original shifter cover for the interior as they all cracked. They are unlike any shifter in a Chevy or GMC I have ever seen.

I purchased one of these trucks and it is the following:

GMC
4x4
350 Engine
A833 od Transmission

I have plenty of pictures if anyone wants to see them, They answer alot of questions that I have seen on this website.

Thanks,

Jeff

:drool:
That's the exact same tc shifter I have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChevyJGP