454 TBI - A couple questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Thanks! It is a pretty cool truck. I bought it from a fellow offroad enthusiast to be a dedicated tow rig, but now that I've got it running again, I have been driving it all over town. Here's a picture from the night I bought it and drove it home.
You must be registered for see images attach

Since posting the previous message, I have had the opportunity to put the truck through its paces the past few days. I have noticed no overheating whatsoever. The temp doesn't get above 170, ever. It stays cool, runs strong, doesn't miss a beat. All seems to be good for the time being, short of a couple minor oil leaks. But like I said, it's a tow rig, not a daily driver, so a few drips here and there doesn't bother me. I'll tackle them when I get to it. As long as she continues to run well, I'm a happy camper.

mhjohn2

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
To clean and filter coolant and not have to change fluid but every 5 -6 years with the old green style ethylene glycol coolant, I mounted a HD Semi Truck coolant filter in line on one of the 3/4" heater lines with a remote oil filter bracket, in my 86' K30, 454. It is a Delco spin on coolant filter with coolant supplement built in. I think it is Part # w100.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85Shortsquare