454 heated tbi adapter plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
Hi all, do I actually need the coolant lines to the adapter between the intake manifold and the tbi unit?

I'm trying to think about what could go wrong if I plugged all of those holes and just let it run cooler with no heating from the coolant lines. The ecm is tied to the temp sensor ... so what would I lose?

Thanks

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
No problems at all, in fact you will likely see a slight improvement in performance. They are totally not needed especially in La.

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
That's kind of what I figured, if I'm remembering right the 5.7s don't have the heated throttle body and seem to do just fine. This morning I did have the revelation that the coolant path through there ends up feeding the heater core though, so I probably need to be a little more thoughtful than just "plugging everything up." Even in Louisiana, a little heat is nice at least a couple times a year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody