3rd Row Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMT1379

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Suburban
Engine Size
Scored a really nice 3rd Row seat out of a '79, but mine didn't come with one. My rear interior is near perfect, so I'm not in a big rush to go cutting holes in it to install the brackets (if I can find them).

Trying to think of a way to fabricate something that uses the mounts that are on the seat, is still bolt in for safety, but not as intrusive as the stock floor mounted brackets. Maybe a cross bar that bolts in at the edges of the floor?

I haven't come across anything like that yet elsewhere.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I have seen original style welded in a floor that did not come with a 3rd row and came out nicely. Just take the carpet out when working on it. If you decide to go stock style, I have a suburban that is going under a knife for parts and I should be able to get those cut out

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I cut the pockets and surrounding area of floor out of a donor Burb, and installed them in my blank floor. I fastened them in with a series of 1/4 heavy duty rivets however, because I wasn't liking the idea of welding near the fuel tank. It is plenty stout and the factory floor pockets aren't in the way of anything.

AMT1379

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Suburban
Engine Size
I saw your post about the rivets and it seems like a good route. Maybe the best thing would be to install the floor brackets from a donor, and get a new carpet for the back (saving the original if I ever want to show it as stock).

I'm being overly cautious, but it was all original truck when I got it (down to the tires and head lights) and only has about 13,500 miles on it. So I'm trying to be very careful about any modifications I make.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I saw your post about the rivets and it seems like a good route. Maybe the best thing would be to install the floor brackets from a donor, and get a new carpet for the back (saving the original if I ever want to show it as stock).

I'm being overly cautious, but it was all original truck when I got it (down to the tires and head lights) and only has about 13,500 miles on it. So I'm trying to be very careful about any modifications I make.

Oh yeah, I remember when you posted pics of that Burb! I wouldn't want to make any changes either! I'm not thinking of any good "leave no trace" ways of doing it.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I agree with being careful on a very clean original suburban, either do a very clean job by removing the tank and weld in/ paint the brackets with new carpet or leave it alone.

AMT1379

Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Suburban
Engine Size
Yeah. I'm starting to rethink it, for the near term at least. Glad I have the seat if I ever want to go that route.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaron06