350 turbo with 203. I want to keep my 350 turbo and get a 205 behind it? Please help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
When you do the swap, don't forget to keep the VIN tag off the old cab. I managed to loose the tag from mine and it turned into more of a hassle than I thought it would when I went to get plates.

Br 549er

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
When you do the swap, don't forget to keep the VIN tag off the old cab. I managed to loose the tag from mine and it turned into more of a hassle than I thought it would when I went to get plates.
Good to know, I hadn’t thought of that
Thank you

Copymutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Clue me in! I see the 205 is the preferred xfer case on this forum. Outside of an easy offset repair kit for a stretched 203 chain why go to all the hassle?

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
aint nuttin wrong with the 203 case there plenty stout .... i busted drive shafts and one rear end in a 70's dodge i owned. man that thing could romp real nice.........that was a 400+ hp engine i believe. sure do miss that girl....

Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Clue me in! I see the 205 is the preferred xfer case on this forum. Outside of an easy offset repair kit for a stretched 203 chain why go to all the hassle?
Chain drives show their weakness when you're stuck in a mud hole and you're gunning it forward, then slamming it in reverse. That's when my chain broke. If you're not doing anything like that, a 203 is a good case and you probably won't have any problems, as long as you take care of it. 205 is just a much stronger, lighter weight case that can take more punishment.

sidschev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
sidney
Truck Year
Truck Model
c1500
Engine Size
reverse /forward hahah reminds me of a diesel power truck 1 ton i got stuck in mud(diesels suck for mud ) put it on the floor reverse and drive back an forth finally the top of the trans blew out puked oil an guts everywhere hahahaha

Juggernaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
reverse /forward hahah reminds me of a diesel power truck 1 ton i got stuck in mud(diesels suck for mud ) put it on the floor reverse and drive back an forth finally the top of the trans blew out puked oil an guts everywhere hahahaha
Man I could tell you some stories about puking oil and guts. In southern IN we have the strip mine pits. A lot of fun, but great for breaking things! You come out of those mud holes with 44's spinning and hit that hard packed clay, a lot of times you hear a loud BAM!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef