350 tbi stumbles and backfires under load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lctopal

Reaction score
First Name
lucas
Truck Year
Truck Model
jimmy
Engine Size
If timing is good you have most likely a fuel issue. Could be ignition or a vacuum leak too
I checked the fuel pressure it’s between 11-12psi which should good I have went over the vacuum system with some slap shot and just visual and found no cracks or leaks, I would I be right o go into the throttle body next?

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
IIRC, one should be able to see the fuel spray in real time to a point. A timing light can help. Watch for drips too.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
IIRC, one should be able to see the fuel spray in real time to a point. A timing light can help. Watch for drips too.
Yes you can use inductive timing light to check injector pattern,clip the pickup to the coil wire,not the number 1 wire. I wasn't going to mention this until he's done basic diag, but that's how you do it. The TPS will make them stumble also,but basics need checked first. IMHO

lctopal

Reaction score
First Name
lucas
Truck Year
Truck Model
jimmy
Engine Size
Yes you can use inductive timing light to check injector pattern,clip the pickup to the coil wire,not the number 1 wire. I wasn't going to mention this until he's done basic diag, but that's how you do it. The TPS will make them stumble also,but basics need checked first. IMHO
Yeah I got to far ahead of myself and it turned out to be the coil will have to remember that for last time

fivezero

Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
Redacted. Didn't see the coil was at fault.

hikertrash87c10

Reaction score
First Name
CJ
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I was having the exact same issues, i went with the delco ignition module, plugs, wires, O2, etc... I ended up getting convinced to go the holly sniper route. it should be done by next week and ill report back. FYI instead of the expensive scanner you can jumper i believe the A&B port with a paperclip for the system to flash all engine codes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli