2wd vs 4wd Fuel Lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDood

Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Does anyone know how different fuel lines are between a 2wd and 4wd Suburban? More specifically an ‘87 half-ton with the 6.2. I’m in the process of restoring mine and am looking to get pre-bent lines. Normally I’d make my own, but the PO hacked the originals off just past the firewall and ran bulk hose to the tank, so I have no template to go off… Lines To Go is the only vendor I could find who offers diesel fuel lines, but only in 2wd. How different could they be? I gotta imagine the rear half of the line set is close - if not identical. What do you think, is it worth the risk of the 30% restocking fee plus shipping to try it out?

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
as far as I know, the only difference between 2wd and 4wd is the cab tunnel hump and the front crossmember, so there shouldn't be any difference between 2wd and 4wd fuel line from the firewall back.

TheDood

Reaction score
First Name
Al
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Interesting… I might bite the bullet then. It’s really only the rear half of the line set I need anyway. Everything up front has been perfectly preserved by 30 years of oil leaks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20