2wd LS Swap Adapters - $75

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottybaccus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
How about a set of LS adapter plates for $75 delivered? (lower 48)

These are CNC Plasma cut from 3/8" mild steel, pickled & oiled (acid wash to remove mill scale), the three bolt pattern is drilled and tapped, and then they are packed up with new hardware to bolt them to your block and bolt your choice of Chevy mounts to the plates.
The early, rubber biscuit mounts go right on. The clamshell types require that the covers be notched on the forward, bottom corner, as shown here (the opposite side would mirror this one). This is to clear a square protrusion on the LS block.
In '73-'87 GM pickups, when paired with the OE truck clamshell (tall), this mount retains the LS truck A/C compressor mounted low on the passenger side. The LS truck oil pan will be near flush with the bottom of the cross-member. Shallow pans will only be necessary with early biscuit mounts or passenger car (short) clamshells. It will certainly fit many other GM vehicles.

Discussion of placement can be confusing with LS mounts. Most, but not all, will define their position relative to the original transmission bell housing face (rear of the block). These plates position the rear of the block about 3" forward of a small block application. In a GM truck, this still leaves plenty of space for fans and air intake pipes, plus the rest of the engine is easily accessible!
Weight distribution is not an issue. A fully dressed LS engine is actually much lighter than a dressed small block Chevy.

You must be registered for see images

Have a look at my intro post for more details.

You can find me on Facebook, too, through the link in my signature.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Nice bud! Do you make these for A bodies? I have a 72 lark I'm wanting to throw an ls in.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

scottybaccus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
Nice bud! Do you make these for A bodies? I have a 72 lark I'm wanting to throw an ls in.

Sent from the dust in front of you!

I can make them for anything I can get my hands on!
If you're not close, we may be able to work something out.
Find me on FB and message me your info. we can talk.

scottybaccus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
I have two sets ready to ship.
Message me for details, or to learn how simple an LS swap can be!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedwhisky