2021 Ford Ranger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Due to a few circumstances and one of our daily drivers unable to pass inspection and another being on the lift more than it is on the road, we found ourselves looking for another vehicle. We wanted something in the mid size range again. It is replacing a 2004 Dodge Dakota that has served us really well. But, is now too rusted underneath to realistically keep on the road.

So, after some debate and a number of test drives, we ended up with a 2021 Ford Ranger Crew Cab 4x4. It was fresh off of the hauler with a 9/21 build date. It's a 302a package XLT with the technology group and chrome package.

We weren't truly looking to buy new right now, but with the used car market being what it is, this made the most sense. I highly doubt that it will last nearly 18 years like the old Dakota did. But, we sure will give it a try. Definitely going to spray it down with Fluid Film before the first snow hits here in PA.

You must be registered for see images attach

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
That's the turbo 4 , right ?

We have a 2001 Edge Super Cab - OK, the wife has it but I pay for maintenance and repairs- and those new ones seem bigger.

Did you try the Colorado and Canyon twins as well?

Midnightmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yes, 2.3L turbo 4/10-speed auto.

We did not have the opportunity to look at a comparable Colorado. Simply no crew cabs in stock locally only a couple of extended cabs. We did look at a both a Jeep Gladiator and Toyota Tacoma. This one ended up being the one that both my wife and daughter were the most comfortable with.

Last edited:

Goldie Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Britt
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC K1500 Suburban
Engine Size
Yes, 2.3L turbo 4/10-speed auto.

We did not have the opportunity to look at comparable Colorado. Simply no crew cabs in stock locally only a couple of extended cabs. We did look at a both a Jeep Gladiator and Toyota Tacoma. This one ended up being the one that both my wife and daughter were the most comfortable with.

Yeah, I forgot about the new vehicle shortage. When I drive by dealerships lately they seem really vacant looking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave