2015 Camaro V6 2LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No electric says the Redneck! The C8 is not a corvette, it's some European cross breed.

The C7 is phenomenal, just improve upon it. I cant afford one but I have ridden in and still crane my neck for them.

The brightest minds at Chevrolet say they have taken that platform as far as is feasible for them to produce and as you say the C7 is a phenomenal car especially the Z versions. Just because the C8 is mid- engine does not make it a European cross breed. GM has been producing mid engine experimental vehicles going back to the 60’s with the CERV1. Only now have they developed the technology and processes to build a world class mid engine sports car with an entry price of under $60.000. That is major achievement in itself and actually shocked the hell out of me. A loaded up top of the line pickup exceeds that now. Only time will tell if the C8 is a sales succes but my thoughts are they have hit a home run. Not for everyone, I get that and there are plenty of front engine Corvettes to satisfy the demand for the foreseeable future. I’ll be keeping my C5 for a good long time yet as $60k is out of my wheelhouse but down the road, you never know.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yeah, they have been trying to get a mid engine Corvette into production for decades. They've finally managed to get it done and I think it it will do well for performance and sales.

Arkansas_V8

Proud Redneck
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
The brightest minds at Chevrolet say they have taken that platform as far as is feasible for them to produce and as you say the C7 is a phenomenal car especially the Z versions. Just because the C8 is mid- engine does not make it a European cross breed. GM has been producing mid engine experimental vehicles going back to the 60’s with the CERV1. Only now have they developed the technology and processes to build a world class mid engine sports car with an entry price of under $60.000. That is major achievement in itself and actually shocked the hell out of me. A loaded up top of the line pickup exceeds that now. Only time will tell if the C8 is a sales succes but my thoughts are they have hit a home run. Not for everyone, I get that and there are plenty of front engine Corvettes to satisfy the demand for the foreseeable future. I’ll be keeping my C5 for a good long time yet as $60k is out of my wheelhouse but down the road, you never know.

I know your right.

I am just stubborn, and refuse to move on with the times.

I will never consider it a corvette.

But I concede you have the better argument.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have another obsession with Chevrolet’s late Corvairs. Particularly mid mounted V8 conversions. But the Corvair guys are drooling over the thought of a salvage C8 drivetrain to slide under a late model Corvair body. Someone will do it, just a matter of time.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
1500 shortbed, 1500 longbed
Engine Size
454, 305
I swapped out the camaro's in the driveway. When I got in the SS and fired it up after 2 weeks of sitting while I drove the new one. I instantly missed driving it. Lol.

The new V6 is nice and tight and smooth but, it doesn't have the sound and feel if the SS. That's why I swapped them. I'm driving the SS this weekend.

You must be registered for see images attach

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I have another obsession with Chevrolet’s late Corvairs. Particularly mid mounted V8 conversions. But the Corvair guys are drooling over the thought of a salvage C8 drivetrain to slide under a late model Corvair body. Someone will do it, just a matter of time.
True, someone will find a ditch, tree, back of another car before too long.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
I swapped out the camaro's in the driveway. When I got in the SS and fired it up after 2 weeks of sitting while I drove the new one. I instantly missed driving it. Lol.

The new V6 is nice and tight and smooth but, it doesn't have the sound and feel if the SS. That's why I swapped them. I'm driving the SS this weekend.

The two platforms feel so different to me when I drive one then the other.
Have you noticed the same?

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
The two platforms feel so different to me when I drive one then the other.
Have you noticed the same?

Oh yeah!

I haven't drove the SS in 2 weeks and when I fired it up to move it, it puts me in a total different feeling or mood. The SS roars to life where the '15 V6 starts nice and quiet. The SS is a T56 and the V6 is auto but, can use the paddle shifters if I want to. Lol but, that's why I got the V6 for a dd.

That being said, I took the SS for a ride round the blocks a bit because I haven't been in it for a bit. So I'll be driving it this weekend.

RoryH19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado SWB
Engine Size
350 TBI
Right, both of mine have the 6 speeds but an auto is nice to dd.
I'm usually driving the r10 and soon to be k5 when I'm done restoring.
My Z's are so low I'm always having to avoid holes in the DFW roads.

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Strut tower brace came in today. ****** got a small scratch during shipping! Oh well. Still looks good and good quality also. Raining like a bitch so had to find a quick window to install. Lol

82sbshortbed

Fuckemall!!
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Truck Year
1982, 1984
Truck Model
Engine Size
454, 305
Put in led headlights last night.

Very easy and only took about 10 min if that. I like em!

Bought reverse lights and interiors that should be here today and tomorrow. Then I'll switch them out too.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350
LED's hurt my eyes, and even that photo is bright. Driving at night, unless on a backroad with no traffic, has lost its appeal.

But you can see better now. And with all them deer and wild pigs waiting to jump out in front of you, those headlights should allow you to see them from further out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timk