2 wheel drive to 4 wheel drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So we have 2 of these 2WD to 4wd Conversions taking place on the forum right? And none are from a gront frame chop either. It would be nice to see a Pictoral How-To Write Up if either of you'd be willing to spend the time. :waytogo: I'm sure it's a thread that will be plenty of attention.

chevydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
hunt
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
i would love to do a write up but im in the stages of my k20 flatbed project. If no one doese it when I start the project i would do it but it sounds like elstm 3 has done it. A write up would be awesome because I still want to do it. So If I do Do it I will make sure to do a write along as I go.

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
So we have 2 of these 2WD to 4wd Conversions taking place on the forum right? And none are from a front frame chop either. It would be nice to see a Pictoral How-To Write Up if either of you'd be willing to spend the time. :waytogo: I'm sure it's a thread that will be plenty of attention.

Coming soon!:popcorn:

Joshua8336

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Awzum !!! We'll be looking forward to it.

it really doesn't seem to dificult, hang your mounting brackets, mount your front leaf and axle, change your rear axle, get a raised trans tunnel, and mount your transfer case.:sawzall: but i know from experience that nothing ever goes according to plan

elstm3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
lynn
Truck Year
Truck Model
V30 crew cab dually
Engine Size
6.2 twin turbo diesel
thats basically how it went for the front of mine. I am still working on getting the rear done, waiting on the drive shaft. Also the bitter cold garage is not good for motivation. So in a few weeks ill have something for everybody.

rct1969

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Any further updates? its been awhile.

I am gearing up to convert my C20 to 4x4, would swap all to the k20 frame, but frame is bent in the rear...

Hoping to to do a write up and pics if I get all my ducks in a row...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli