2.5" rams horns

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Looking at my engine and crossmember, I'm thinking that 2.5" rams horns will fit my 82 C10. Does anyone know for sure? Is there enough room to connect a head pipe without having to make an immediate 90 degree bend?

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Bump.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
I have a K20 so I'm not sure if anything in your suspension would be in the way but I had 2.5" rams horns put on my truck. The driver's side motor mount clamshell gets in the way a bit and had to be cut then reinforced.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I've seen ram horns on a square before. I just can't recall which ones they were. I don't remember now which is which. Is it the left side that dumps straight down, then the passenger side can go either straight down, or angle toward the rear. I believe the difference being, truck manifolds, or passenger car manifolds. I'd imagine there is actually more than 2 different sets.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
The 2" ones have a difference side to side. Think the passenger side is s rear dump.
My 2.5" are both center dump.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
77 K20 -- Thanks, man. That's just what I was looking for.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

I have looked at lots of headers and cast iron manifolds, but keep coming back to these 2.5" smoothies. Unfortunately, the 2" versions that slope back have ugly holes for AIR.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

I have looked at lots of headers and cast iron manifolds, but keep coming back to these 2.5" smoothies. Unfortunately, the 2" versions that slope back have ugly holes for AIR.

You must be registered for see images attach

Those will be some good breathing manifolds. I'd rock those all day long over headers for a street truck any day of the week.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Those will be some good breathing manifolds. I'd rock those all day long over headers for a street truck any day of the week.

Yeah, I'm leaning that way, even though I'd have to trim the clam shell as shown in 77K20's post above. Wish I would have known this while the engine was still out of the truck,:Insane: but I thought the only clearance issue I'd have would be the crossmember, like I had on my 69 C10. But it's less of an issue with my 82's crossmember.

Last edited:

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350

My stepdad said the ram horns are outlawed in dirt track racing because they flow too evenly. Not sure if that is still the case, but when he was a race team mechanic back in the day they were outlawed. I prefer them too and would switch over my 81 to ram horns but the visual portion of the emissions testing makes me want to stay with the stock manifolds.

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I ended up buying a set of stock manifolds for 96-2000 Vortec 350 engines, which fit my 82 chassis well. They don't have the flow capability of 2.5" rams horns, but my engine will rarely see more than 4000 RPM.

I really like the way they exit in the rear, especially on the passengers side where the head pipe will clear the starter by 4 inches. And plug wire routing is crazy simple.

If I ever replace the 2.73 axle with a 3.73 and upgrade to a 700R4 trans, I'll switch to something like Doug's headers.

You must be registered for see images

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I ended up buying a set of stock manifolds for 96-2000 Vortec 350 engines, which fit my 82 chassis well. They don't have the flow capability of 2.5" rams horns, but my engine will rarely see more than 4000 RPM.

I really like the way they exit in the rear, especially on the passengers side where the head pipe will clear the starter by 4 inches. And plug wire routing is crazy simple.

If I ever replace the 2.73 axle with a 3.73 and upgrade to a 700R4 trans, I'll switch to something like Doug's headers.

Those are exactly what I am using and I really like them for fitment and they seem ok for performance. I don't seem to have any breathing issues. I had the same ones on a HO 350 Target Master engine and that engine hauled ass! So I assume they breathe well but have never test compared to any thing else so Im just guessing! I think they are the nicest looking only 2nd to those 2.5" straight Rams Horns.

I see there are a few adds for those Rams Horns for pretty cheap so maybe I will pick a set up just for fun. The only thing is that you need to completely re route the exhaust to run them :whymewhyme:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Where did you get those from ?

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Where did you get those from ?

Got them from Summit Racing, but you can get them from Rock Auto, Amazon, and lots of other places.

Part numbers are:

Dorman 674-217 (passenger side) and 674-218 (driver side)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1