2-2.5" Lift Kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MWZad

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Hey guys,

I currently have a 4" rough country lift on my 87. I'm interested in switching it out for a 2-2.5" lift kit. I'm thinking I need a complete kit with front and rear springs? Any ideas??

Thanks,

-Mike

hirschdalechevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
rich
Truck Year
Truck Model
k-30
Engine Size
If it was me I would throw an 8" on it and be done , LOL , but if you have to go down grab a skyjacker 2.5" , all spring from summit.

Everyone has there own idea on brand's , (like chevy and ford) , but I have had good luck with skyjacker softride. Alot of guy's like tuff country as well since they have changed hand's.

I like my other truck with custom deaver's on it as well but not cheap.

However I am not a fan of rough country , superlift or pro comp. but thats just me.

You could also go to your local spring shop , (if you have a good one in your area) and have them build you some spring's. I have done that and have had good luck.

bigcountryguy19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
I have a rough country 2" lift on my 84. Its not bad, its a tad stiff in the front but thats all. It came with 2" blocks for the rear and i have had no trouble out of any of it. Only thing i recommend is try not to use thier brake line relocators, they are junk. but if you already have a 4" on your truck your brake lines will work fine.

MWZad

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Ok thanks for the info guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members