1995 Chevrolet Sudurban Carb Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I am thinking of swapping the original 330k tbi unit for a Rochester 2jet Carburetor.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have the carb and the intake, I am just wondering about a few things regarding the swap.

It has never really ran right with the TBI unit, so I want to just get rid of fuel injection all together

Back in July, I did in fact attempt to make a carb work on the existing intake using a homemade wooden adapter.
(My one blurry image)

It actually ran, but I could not get the intake to seal around the base, so it ran terrible.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have read that you will need to change the intake and distributor and not sure about ecu and fuel pressure regulator carb doesn’t need as much pressure. I googled your question and got a lot of information there are carburetor gurus on the site that can help you better than me, good luck there is a kit to rebuild your throttle body, easy to do and a lot less expensive.

jjester6000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I have read that you will need to change the intake and distributor and not sure about ecu and fuel pressure regulator carb doesn’t need as much pressure. I googled your question and got a lot of information there are carburetor gurus on the site that can help you better than me, good luck there is a kit to rebuild your throttle body, easy to do and a lot less expensive.

I know, I am going to put an HEI Distributor despite the fact that it ran with the TBI one. I have the transmission part sorted all ready, all it needs is a sinewave from the distributor (With the right circuit, I could provide this signal with a points distributor) as well as a value from the throttle position sensor. Also, I know that I need a fuel pressure regulator.

I got the Carb and intake from a junkyard for about $20, and rebuilt it with a kit a friend had laying around. The only thing that I need to figure out is how to affix the TPS my carb, and how to get the rats nest out of my intake manifold (it probably sat outside for many years).

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Good luck keep your progress updated, many others would like to follow,

Latest posts

Forum statistics