1990 Suburban V1500 - Forum Rookie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Original owner was in Oklahoma, and a good buddy of mine bought it from him in 2021. It spent 2 years in Ft Worth until I recently had it brought to Virginia.

I love the color scheme!

89BADBURB

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Hello All -

I'm new to gmsb.com and the proud new owner of a 1990 Suburban V1500. I found a gem in this one: no rust, almost everything but paint is original, mechanically incredible for its age, and I basically bought it from the original owner (it went through my buddy for about 1 year who painted it and put 33x12.5s on it).

I'm hoping for any and all guidance on replacing the whole dash/gauges/steering column controls, as well as potential upgrade recommendations to lift/suspension.

I know there will be more to come once this big momma arrives in my driveway next week, but I'm just trying to get started here and get involved in the community!

You must be registered for see images attach

Preciate Ya!,

Bubba
Really like the blacked out grill

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
:welcome:

Gardendelite

Reaction score
First Name
Gaetan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sweet ride. I can appreciate the color. Mine came from a rattle can until I could decide what to do, The paint was chipping off in silver dollar size flakes and the constant moisture in the PNW was causing problems. The rattle can bought me some time (5 years and counting) and now that I retired, it is on my list. PoweNation (Music City Trucks) put out a cool video on upgrading their burb. I believe it is titled "Unbreakable." Better bring your check book, that is fer sure. Have fun. Also, just to share an interesting experience, I once ordered 4 shocks from a national parts chain. They sent me two new shocks and two that looked like they came directly from a junk yard. I called the national number with my story and they sent me to a local dealer to complete the returns. The manager was barely able to hide his feelings about the returns. He made it clear (to me) that I was scamming them. They funny part happened when he ordered two new ones and they sent him another junk yard special. Karma? Yeah, it felt good. Sadly, I was slowly working my way through some long overdue maintenance when I dropped the oil pan and found plenty of metal pieces and gold colored flakes. The overheating problem was clearly more than the water pump (which btw had a nice leak at the weep hole). Got to finish the honey do's then on to the truck and a 94 burb that needs a transmission ( remenber when you could just say tranny???).

Red 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5,K10,C20,C30,K30
Engine Size
Welcome from The central coast of Cali.

Latest posts

Forum statistics