1988 Chevy/Chevrolet Suburban C10/K10/V10 Square Body - - $7,500 (Tucson)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dryriver1

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
1984, 1999,
Truck Model
1984 Chevy Silverado K10, 1999 Chevy 2 door Tahoe 4x4
Engine Size
350 cid, 5.7
Just came out. Doesn't look too bad.... interior needs some cleaning.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ellie Niner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tory
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Silverado
Engine Size
LE9 305
I've always kinda wanted a ~1983-91 Suburban, but never took the plunge... and they're still pretty affordable. I just don't have a need for that much passenger hauling ability at this point, but I still *want* it!

One thing that blows my mind a little is how we've somehow gotten to a point, 30 years later, where most people aspire to own something that looks like an inbred baked potato with anger management issues... that is based on a front wheel drive unibody car platform. And most of the truck based Utilities try so hard to look angry and super extra butch... are super expensive to boot. This can't be progress, can it?!

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
I've always kinda wanted a ~1983-91 Suburban, but never took the plunge... and they're still pretty affordable. I just don't have a need for that much passenger hauling ability at this point, but I still *want* it!

One thing that blows my mind a little is how we've somehow gotten to a point, 30 years later, where most people aspire to own something that looks like an inbred baked potato with anger management issues... that is based on a front wheel drive unibody car platform. And most of the truck based Utilities try so hard to look angry and super extra butch... are super expensive to boot. This can't be progress, can it?!
No, doesn't sound or look like progress to me either. Last several generations of trucks have just gotten bigger and angrier looking, without being much more utilitarian.
The square body Burb is a great platform; all the ability of the square truck with incredible cargo or people hauling capacity. My family has had 5, 3 that we used a LOT and drove daily in Houston, Texas area, and went on many a trip in for work and pleasure. The only thing my '90 GMC R2500 Burb needed was overdrive; they didn't get it till '91. That Burb was good around town, especially for its size, and hauled whatever we needed it to, happily.
Recently I was at a local event, in my CCLB ( all 21' of him) and two current model crew shorties parked next to me. Those "trucks" with their 5' beds are only about a foot shorter than my REAL truck. And a former coworker got a new Ranger and parked it next to my OBS Burb. The "midsize" trucklet is almost as big as my fullsize SUV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef