1984 K5 Windshield Wiper Switch-Only Works On Lo-Bad Switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CORVAIRWILD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
UGLYTRUK
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500 Suburban 4x4
Engine Size
I'm getting my 1984 K5 Blazer ready to sell, and the wipers only work on low speed. I understand that the switch is somewhere in the steering column. But in all my years and all my squarebodys, I've never had to change one. I don't think it's the motor, is that possibly the problem?

And of course being from California, the fluid pump doesn't work, I'll have to see what style it uses. Probably the stand-alone circular vane pump. RockAuto doesn't sell the switch, I looked, they probably sell a universal pump that may look similar to the original

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I'm getting my 1984 K5 Blazer ready to sell, and the wipers only work on low speed. I understand that the switch is somewhere in the steering column. But in all my years and all my squarebodys, I've never had to change one. I don't think it's the motor, is that possibly the problem?

And of course being from California, the fluid pump doesn't work, I'll have to see what style it uses. Probably the stand-alone circular vane pump. RockAuto doesn't sell the switch, I looked, they probably sell a universal pump that may look similar to the original

Diagnostic for "No HI Speed":

You must be registered for see images attach

For a 1984, I'm pretty sure that your washer pump will be integral with the wiper motor - it wasn't moved to the fluid tank until the 1985 model year.

Below is the diagnostic for "Washer Pump Inoperative" - refer to dwg above (8C-23) where necessary. You won't have to use it if you have to get a new wiper motor:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man