1984 c10 vent window question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kramdua

Reaction score
First Name
mark
Truck Year
va
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
i took out my vent windows to rebuild. that went smooth. now the question and i've seen it both ways. does the vent window frame to front of door weatherstrip go to the inside of door or does it spread out to the outside of door. i tried to word it the best i can.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Here are some images that might answer your question - if not, you could use them to help clarify what you mean.

You must be registered for see images attach

kramdua

Reaction score
First Name
mark
Truck Year
va
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
ok with pictures in mind. first it has nothing to do with the actual vent window operation. i'll try to explain with your top picture in mind. the seal in front of the hinge which seals the entire vent assembly to the door frame. when you push the vent assembly forward to the door frame the seal can go in between the door frame or i have seen them where the seal is spread to the outside of door frame. i hope that helps and i really appreciate you responding with great pictures.
mark. since i wrote this i enlarged your top photo's and it looks like it goes straight in without speading the seal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1998_K1500_Sub