Vent Window Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Good afternoon,

Did a search however could not locate a post. I have an 87 R10 with I believe a 2 piece assembly vent window. I was told as long as you replace the entire assembly, I can put a single gasket assembly in to replace the two piece assembly that isnt as prone to air leaks as bad. I have a junkyard that has a set for cheap that I plan on sending out to PRP. Can anyone confirm that this is true before I go along doing this?

Thank you

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350

TruckCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

mtbadbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
Thats what I plan on doing. Im gonna get the one piece, send it out to PRP and then throw the whole assembly in.
I have a brand-new set of 1 piece seals, I opened the drivers side before I realized that I had the 2 piece versions! Lmk if you want them

TruckCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Is the gasket between the actual window and the vent window the same if i switch to a one piece style?
Yes, the vent window assembly frame is the same for all years. Just buy the right door glass run for your year.
As you plan to send the vent window assemblies to PRP give them a call and they will surely provide you all needed parts and information.
Precision has a YouTube channel with tons of installation videos for their products.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1973-87-ch...ts/cc-1973-87-front-door-glass-and-components
Precision YouTube channel
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TruckCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yes, the vent window assembly frame is the same for all years. Just buy the right door glass run for your year.
As you plan to send the vent window assemblies to PRP give them a call and they will surely provide you all needed parts and information.
Precision has a YouTube channel with tons of installation videos for their products.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1973-87-ch...ts/cc-1973-87-front-door-glass-and-components
Precision YouTube channel
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ali you said that if i change the assembly to a one piece I need to make sure I get the right glass door run? Isn't the glass door run built into the frame? I looked on their website and its called the "Door Glass Run Channel". Is this what I want? It doesn't mention one piece or two piece on the description. And yes I will be sending them to PRP I wonder if they can just put the right ones on for me. Thanks Ali.

ali_c20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Alexander
Truck Year
1974, 1979
Truck Model
C20, K5
Engine Size
350, 350
Ali you said that if i change the assembly to a one piece I need to make sure I get the right glass door run? Isn't the glass door run built into the frame? I looked on their website and its called the "Door Glass Run Channel". Is this what I want? It doesn't mention one piece or two piece on the description. And yes I will be sending them to PRP I wonder if they can just put the right ones on for me. Thanks Ali.
My post was related to the door glass and vent window assembly. The door glass sits in the door glass run and this has different designs 73-80 and 81-87. 73-80 had thick door glass 81 -87 had thin door glass. The 1 or 2 piece design of the vent window glass and seal doesn't matter, The vent window assembly will fit doors from 73-87. PRP will have you covered and everything will work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod