1982 k20 quad shock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sqaure body kid

Reaction score
First Name
gavin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
5.7L 350
I just bought a 1982 k20 single cab long bed. When I got it home I noticed that I had a quad shock system that I know was ordered. What I’m wondering, is there any company’s that make a 4in lift for the quad shock.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
It's all the same. Just an extra shock in each side.

Now when looking for shocks, you need to get a quad shock set, they're valved differently.

sqaure body kid

Reaction score
First Name
gavin
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
5.7L 350
so could I get a rough country 4in lift that comes with 4 shocks and buy 2 more shocks. And if a can what size shocks would I need to get.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
I can only speak to stock systems, but GM balanced two shocks for their quad option. Quads show two different shocks per corner than the one for the dual shock option. The aftermarket usually uses their standard single shock and adds a supplement.

It takes homework and research, mostly comparing part numbers to see what they're doing. Don't know if this helps, bit the manufacturers website will usually have the information you need if you dig.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
True, quads were valved differently, and I considered adding them to our K20 (single shock model). Decided it would only be for looks and dropped it.
I did spend waaay more time finding the right shocks and steering stabilizer that fit without any modifications to the truck or shocks, then it should have taken.
My takeaway from that in synopsis. DON'T use Bilsteins, not for the lack of quality, but their "applications" that fit, do not fit. Different reasons for each type, F, R, stabilizer. You can make them fit but not worth the hassle, IMO.
Skyjacker does make shocks and SS that do fit perfectly out of the box and offer lengths at least up to what would fit 6-8" lift based on my research. But measure everything.
Here's what Skyjacker parts fit mine for part numbers (non quad front of course) 4" lift K20 C6P rear suspenion
Steering stabilizer (OE single stabilizer) - 7055
Front - 8071 15.57" - 26.07" These were one size too long. They'll work fine, but I'd go next size shorter. I have just over 20" eye to eye sitting at rest and without measuring max droop on a RTI ramp etc, the next shorter size appeared a tad short. Almost flip a coin difference.
Rear - 7083 17.32"-29.83" I have 26" eye to eye sitting at rest (Which equates more to a 6" K20 stock spring block lift or a 4" K30 stock spring, likely due to the C6P heavy payload package.

Thats why I recommend measuring and looking them up. Skyjacker product data charts are very complete so easy to figure what you need.
Hope this helps

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad