1974 c10 headlight socket 4 to 3 wire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmon12179

Reaction score
First Name
josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
5.7l 350
Hi all. Picked up a great 74 c10 to restore on my off time.

I have a headlight out due to the socket and wiring right outside of socket being corroded and messed up. I bought a standard socket which is 3 wire. I went out to the truck and I didnt even notice that it has 4 wires. Red, green, and 2 black. So I figure the 2 black are grounds. How do I make the standard 3 wire work? Splice into 2? Just leave one of the grounds disconnected?

Thanks any help guys. This is a great forum

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Hi all. Picked up a great 74 c10 to restore on my off time.

I have a headlight out due to the socket and wiring right outside of socket being corroded and messed up. I bought a standard socket which is 3 wire. I went out to the truck and I didnt even notice that it has 4 wires. Red, green, and 2 black. So I figure the 2 black are grounds. How do I make the standard 3 wire work? Splice into 2? Just leave one of the grounds disconnected?

Thanks any help guys. This is a great forum
You are going from a 3 prong plug to a 3 prong plug. The 2 black wires are connected together in the spade of the plug so when you wire the new plug you will have to connect them togerther outside the plug.(providing it is configured the way I described.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wacky