15x10 Centerline Apaches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FireTruck1984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
1984 and 1984
Truck Model
High Sierra K1500 350. Sierra Classic C1500 305.
Engine Size
350, 305
What hasn’t been mentioned, and might convince you to keep the Rallys… “Reverse” wheels, which is what those centerlines are, have very little backspace and protrude beyond the wheel wells. This is a very Dated look (especially for a daily driver). Reverse wheels and large tires also wreak havoc on your front suspension. It changes the geometry beyond what the engineers had designed and has been known to cause “Death wobble”.

RecklessWOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
350 TBI
What hasn’t been mentioned, and might convince you to keep the Rallys… “Reverse” wheels, which is what those centerlines are, have very little backspace and protrude beyond the wheel wells. This is a very Dated look (especially for a daily driver). Reverse wheels and large tires also wreak havoc on your front suspension. It changes the geometry beyond what the engineers had designed and has been known to cause “Death wobble”.
Some people might specifically be going for that "dated" look though. Personally I think the truck in the picture looks badass. The multi tube rollbar is "dated" too, but luckily these trucks are from the period when it was modern style. The whole truck is "dated". The only mods I would ever consider doing to any of my vehicles are always period correct even if they are things that are not in style these days. Honestly I think old mods that have fallen out of favor look much better on an old truck than when people try to put stuff that is currently in style on old vehicles, it usually ends up looking out of place. Driving a squarebody in general is a "dated" look, modern vehicles look nothing like them.

But yes I will agree it is not great for the suspension. Though a lot of mods aren't good for the truck. Basically anything other than stock is beyond what the engineers designed. They sure as heck didn't design slammed trucks with huge rims that rub and the frame is 1/2" off the ground either, but some people still choose to do it to their trucks. I know what you're getting at I really do and I'm not trying to say what you mentioned isn't valid, I just don't think it matters much in the scheme of things.

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I won't argue about the damage or wear caused when reducing backspace, which these wheels do have a very positive offset but...

They are not reverse drop wheels. The drop center can be seen right near the outer lip of the wheel.

These and the welds were super popular when I worked in a tire shop & we sold the crap outa them.

ETA: I'm a fan of the rally wheels but like someone else said it's your truck do what you think looks good.

charles1976

Reaction score
First Name
chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc
Engine Size
400 small block
Where are you finding the 15x10 rally’s? Anyone have pics of them on a truck?

CalSgt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevy K-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Where are you finding the 15x10 rally’s? Anyone have pics of them on a truck?
I'm sure someone out there makes them but I'd bet all of the posts are referring to stock rally wheels, mine are 15 x 8.5 (approximately)

charles1976

Reaction score
First Name
chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
gmc
Engine Size
400 small block
I have 15x8 factory rally’s and have seen a few 10 inch ones but few and far between. Thought I might one day send mine off to be widened

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodygraham64