12" wide wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi,
So i currently have 33/12.5r15 inch tires on 10 inch wide wheels.

My friend has 12.5 inch tires too, yet his look sooo much wider than mine did, and i always wondered why.
Found on his wheels are 12 inches wide.

So, i want to go with wheels that wide, because i absolutely love the width.
I want new wheels anyways, and kind of wanna keep the same tires if i can, they still got a ton of tread.

So, where can i find black 12" wheels that are 15's, or if i get different tires, 16's?
I cant find anything under 18's being 12 inches wide.

What wheel companys would make these? what sites can i find that allow me to search for wheels by width?
Thanks!

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have 12s, but they aren't black and I have no idea what brand they are. Check JC Whitney. I don't see very many 12s but I know they are out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brennan

Reaction score
First Name
Brennan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

I run 16.5x12 bart wheels. You can find other sizes from marsh racing wheels. They are steel wheels, not sure if that's what you wanted.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I bought 16x12 Mickey Thompson's, they come in black too. I didn't keep the narrow tires though.

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Anything larger than 10" rims are most likely going to require a decent backspacing and a decent lift to pull them off.

Also take into account a lot of places you would need to add fender flares as too much tire would be stickign out.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

I run 16.5x12 bart wheels. You can find other sizes from marsh racing wheels. They are steel wheels, not sure if that's what you wanted.

Thanks! But yea i'd like aluminum wheels if i can find them much better, sorry i didnt post that in th first place

I bought 16x12 Mickey Thompson's, they come in black too. I didn't keep the narrow tires though.

What size tires did you put on those? And it doesnt matter if i get bigger tires and wheels, say 16's, itll still fit right and everything as long as i have the right bolt pattern right?

Anything larger than 10" rims are most likely going to require a decent backspacing and a decent lift to pull them off.

Also take into account a lot of places you would need to add fender flares as too much tire would be stickign out.

How much backspacing do you think it'd take? And, i have a 4 inch lift so 12 inch with 33's shouldnt rub at all, it looks like i have tons of room with the wheels cranked.

And, yea, but i have a friend who has them sticking literally 2 inches out from his fenders and doesnt get in trouble, i wouldnt have them sticking out too much at all but i know the guy who inspects it every year well so itll all be good

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Skweegle89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Sorry about the horrible pic quality

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Thanks! But yea i'd like aluminum wheels if i can find them much better, sorry i didnt post that in th first place

What size tires did you put on those? And it doesnt matter if i get bigger tires and wheels, say 16's, itll still fit right and everything as long as i have the right bolt pattern right?

How much backspacing do you think it'd take? And, i have a 4 inch lift so 12 inch with 33's shouldnt rub at all, it looks like i have tons of room with the wheels cranked.

And, yea, but i have a friend who has them sticking literally 2 inches out from his fenders and doesnt get in trouble, i wouldnt have them sticking out too much at all but i know the guy who inspects it every year well so itll all be good

Mine are 36x15.5 tires. In the pic, it just has a 4 inch lift and those tires will rub as soon as you turn the wheel. I installed cut out flares and they still rub. Needs a couple more inches and probably a little more trimming too.

Even if you stick with a 33", you still may need to trim or lift. Depends on how you use the truck. 4" backspace is about all you can do.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Mine are 36x15.5 tires. In the pic, it just has a 4 inch lift and those tires will rub as soon as you turn the wheel. I installed cut out flares and they still rub. Needs a couple more inches and probably a little more trimming too.

Even if you stick with a 33", you still may need to trim or lift. Depends on how you use the truck. 4" backspace is about all you can do.

So ill just go 4 inch backspace on 12 inch wheels, and leave it at that.

Truck gets used mostly on the road, and nothing serious offroad but i mean the woods around where i live, and thats pretty much it. Not rock crawling or anything but theres some places where itd proably be pretty close to rubbing with the tire almost stuffed up there (Not sure, ive driven over it but never got out and looked)

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Plan on trimming then. I probably use my Burb a little harder than you use your truck, but on more than one occasion, the 33's tried to mangle the lower fender. And those rims were only 8 inches wide.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Well, i have a friend with an 03 silverado 2500, 12 inch wheels with 33/12.5r16.5s on them, and he only has a 3 inch lift, never even comes very close to rubbing. He used to rub his mudflaps when he had them on with the wheel cranked, but i have a lot more clearence around my tire than he does

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
But that's apples to oranges. An '03 2500 doesn't flex nearly as much.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Oh, i see, i just assumed it'd work the same.
So, although a lot of people on here are against wheel spacers, ill probably throw some 1" ones on there, but ill be careful and do everything right putting them on (The kinds where they bolt to the studs and they have other studs on them)
So, say if i have 1" wheel spacers, will that make it easier or harder to fit the wider wheels?

Thanks!

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Well, i have a friend with an 03 silverado 2500, 12 inch wheels with 33/12.5r16.5s on them, and he only has a 3 inch lift, never even comes very close to rubbing. He used to rub his mudflaps when he had them on with the wheel cranked, but i have a lot more clearence around my tire than he does

Have you ever seen how much these old trucks flex in the frames? LOL.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus