‘89 Caprice Mini Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
I love the car, but I'm jealous of your L03. My carb still works fine on my LG4 (267K miles), but hot soak at high altitude in 100+ degrees is an issue, especially with E10 fuel.
I thought I had complete fuel lines from an '89 this past summer. Had them ready to remove (incidentally, they are installed before the body is mounted to the frame, ugh!), and went to remove the hose that had been installed to protect the open ends. Found the engine had been lifted with them still attached, unrepairable kinks.
I think I'll go for plastic lines from a '90, if I ever find one.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
And that broken plane needs wedged up in a big old oak tree, then scatter the loose parts about the ground below it. That would be a great conversation starter.

Lmao. Geeze. That would be so epic! Worthy of nationwide news.... How about in front of a flight school???

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Lmao. Geeze. That would be so epic! Worthy of nationwide news.... How about in front of a flight school???
In my front yard would be better. I have a nice birch tree to wedge it into.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
It was in Hurricane Katrina. My dad bought it from an equipement auction in 2004 and lost it the next year. He took the wings off, took the engine out and apart, the interior is gutted of the upholstery, adornments, etc., the tail surfaces have been removed... It’s pretty much a scrap/salvage plane. It does have some parts that are in good shape, and it’s not all corroded. The fuselage looks like it could be saved and maybe some here and there big pieces. One of the wings is destroyed, and another is damaged but mostly in tact. I’m no expert, but shouldn’t all that be worth a couple grand even in that shape? Plus, there’s the 210. I really think I need to get rid of that, too, and the money needs to go into the house. It’s just gonna sit there forever. Even if I flew, which I really want to do sooner rather than later, I’d never feel comfortable in a 210. There’re also some miscellaneous parts laying around like a McCaulley spinner, avionics, some P35 wingtips. Finally, there’s a Jet A fuel station in there. I’d sell it to an FBO who wouldn’t just part it out for the pump, but I imagine the market for a self-serve Jet A fuel station is very limited. @Big Chip
I would call Wentworth and see what they would give you for the Baron. http://www.wentworthaircraft.com/

Did you say there was an issue with the 210 logbooks? I don’t remember our back and forth on that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
This is a cool build!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
My mom had a 2 door with the funky back window. Black and grey with maroon interior. I loved that car. Was thinking of buying one befor I got the V10 to put my engine in. I was quickly slapped back to reality. Those things are pricey even relatively ****** ones.

That's one of my bucket list cars, right down to that color combo. You are right though, they have got very very spendy. I blame the box/bubble crowd for the crazy price increase.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
There's a young fellow in my town who drives the Olds version that he's been trying to customize a little bit. I'll get a picture next time I see it.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
The '77 I had for a while...

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
That's one of my bucket list cars, right down to that color combo. You are right though, they have got very very spendy. I blame the box/bubble crowd for the crazy price increase.
The '77 I had for a while...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Oh my, that's perfect! Just needs a set of rallies. Well, and duals, factory gauge cluster, f41 suspension, etc.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
If I found one that clean, I'd be hard pressed to let it go. The one I had, was ok, it had it's issues though. I saw a pontiac version of about the same vintage, a couple years back. Almost stopped to check it out,2 tone gray, looked clean and had the pontiac rallies, but didn't have a pile a play money at teh time.

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
That one is an Impala! I had a medium metallic green/green/green vinyl top '78 Impala coupe too. Loved the car, hated the color and standard soft suspension.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
The sad part is finding a pic of on with out big ass ghetto wheels on it. My moms was darker I believe on the bottom and had rallys on it. Not factory of course it had the grandma spokes on it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
That one is an Impala! I had a medium metallic green/green/green vinyl top '78 Impala coupe too. Loved the car, hated the color and standard soft suspension.

I had a green/green '78 Bonneville but it had a white vinyl top on it, which I promptly peeled off as soon as I got it home. It ended up with a set of Firebird wheels, black primer "paint job" and a dark brown interior from an '83 Caprice.

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
I thought my triple green was bad, but your white vinyl sounds worse. I used to see a green with tan interior Impala around my home regularly too (not long ago either). It was definitely a fugly combination.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486