Whats a 350 carb engine block worth that needs rebuilt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Ok. He said its just 350 block bare. All high output stuff isnt there. All I get is empty 350 block for $50.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
You better verify that casting number cause I'm tellin ya, the high-output crap is all 305. At least take a tape measure and measure the cylinder bore diameter. If it's 4" it's a 350, if it's 3 1/2" it's a 305.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think he is saying make sure those #s you have are acutally on the block and its what he is saying it is. ANd as I said, he is full of ****. There was no 350 HO. I just told you what the motor was out of, and its history, notice, NO HO was mentioned??? Look for any obvious cracks. Make sure all the main caps there and appear to be in the their proper place or someone stamped the caps to go in the right posision. IF no main caps, don't buy it at all. Not worth .05 cents. Cuz you'd have to buy new main caps for over $100 and them pay $200 for line bore. A motor without main caps is just scrap iron.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I think he is saying make sure those #s you have are acutally on the block and its what he is saying it is. ANd as I said, he is full of ****. There was no 350 HO. I just told you what the motor was out of, and its history, notice, NO HO was mentioned??? Look for any obvious cracks. Make sure all the main caps there and appear to be in the their proper place or someone stamped the caps to go in the right posision. IF no main caps, don't buy it at all. Not worth .05 cents. Cuz you'd have to buy new main caps for over $100 and them pay $200 for line bore. A motor without main caps is just scrap iron.

Gotcha. I might end up passing on this one and keep looking.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Gotcha. I might end up passing on this one and keep looking.

Being the guy is using terms like H O, that tells me he is either full of ****, or he does not know what he's talking about. And whether he'd rip you off on purpose or not, but he may rip you off cuz he doesn't know any better. Seems shady to me. Only $50, but I think I'd pass too. One reason I don't like buying disassembled motors is there is also a proper way to disassemble one. I am anal about marking rods, rod caps, main caps etc. Some people don't give a rats ass and that is a critical mistake.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
He wrote back and I'm not buying this piece of **** after seeing the pictures. I should write him back and tell him he's scammer.

hey man i look it up too .and it said it was a 79 350 its painted blue .the last year for a 327 was 69 and it would have been painted orange. and if it was a 68 327 i would not be selling it for 50 bucks . the other number on the block is 19j332254 and i didnt say is was a HIGH output .i said is was a HIGHER output motor . theres no crank caps i have the crank 7 pistons and 6 connecting rods.and as far as cracks you would need to have it magna flux to see that

You must be registered for see images attach

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn:

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
Worth about $30 in scrap metal lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Not even worth that. But now you see what I mean Dave. I toadja didn't I??? NO main caps !!! Block is junk. Even if it were clean and not rusted. Without the main caps, RUN, no deal. By the time you buy main caps, and line bore it, you can buy a complete assembled long block maybe even a running one. I would just email the guy back and let him know witout main caps, the block it pretty much junk that the cost of main caps and a line bore far exceed the value of a 2 piece rear main block. Don't cause problems. Let someone else do the dirty work. He's not a scammer, he's just looking for someone stupid to buy it.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
Not even worth that. But now you see what I mean Dave. I toadja didn't I??? NO main caps !!! Block is junk. Even if it were clean and not rusted. Without the main caps, RUN, no deal. By the time you buy main caps, and line bore it, you can buy a complete assembled long block maybe even a running one. I would just email the guy back and let him know witout main caps, the block it pretty much junk that the cost of main caps and a line bore far exceed the value of a 2 piece rear main block. Don't cause problems. Let someone else do the dirty work. He's not a scammer, he's just looking for someone stupid to buy it.

Ok, I was nice and emailed him back. Waiting to see if responds on to what you said.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ok, I was nice and emailed him back. Waiting to see if responds on to what you said.

If he knows his ass from a hole in the ground, he'll know its true and probably won't even get back to you, and if he does, so what. :flipthebird:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Ass? Hole?? :think:

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
You better verify that casting number cause I'm tellin ya, the high-output crap is all 305. At least take a tape measure and measure the cylinder bore diameter. If it's 4" it's a 350, if it's 3 1/2" it's a 305.

uhh I thought the Bore of a 305 was 3.74" and the stroke was 3.48"? Am I confused

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattyb