What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Took it to drop off the water bill at city hall night drop box. On the way home I stopped at the light and belt started squeeking. Couple of revs and it stopped. Got it home parked it.

Open the hood last night and guess what?

You must be registered for see images attach

It threw the fcking belt because the alternator was locked up. Wtf it's brand new! I think it was my fault tho. I had to switch out the pully and tightened it too tight. I had to back off the nut a bit because it wouldn't turn. I've looked for receipt but haven't found it yet. My luck. But have old one and it still works. So fir now I'll get a new belt and put old one back on for now.

I'll be careful not to get it too tight this time. Is there a torque setting for these I wonder? :emotions34:
I'm sure you could find a generic spec, I'd say 2-3 Ugga Duggas with a good impact. I'd put a light or medium duty lock tite on as well. But that's just me.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Some work on the 79. Got the bezels cleaned and got the drivers side polished up and half of the grille as well. It was mainly dirty, but the chrome had a lot of imperfections. Still have to pull the buckets out to get them good, but I want to get one of those little buffers. Also you can see the spot on the bumper. Also did the drivers mirror. Cleaned up way better than I thought it would.

Last edited:

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Took it to drop off the water bill at city hall night drop box. On the way home I stopped at the light and belt started squeeking. Couple of revs and it stopped. Got it home parked it.

Open the hood last night and guess what?

It threw the fcking belt because the alternator was locked up. Wtf it's brand new! I think it was my fault tho. I had to switch out the pully and tightened it too tight. I had to back off the nut a bit because it wouldn't turn. I've looked for receipt but haven't found it yet. My luck. But have old one and it still works. So fir now I'll get a new belt and put old one back on for now.

I'll be careful not to get it too tight this time. Is there a torque setting for these I wonder? :emotions34:
The torque setting is tight. If it locks up the pulley you need a spacer behind the pulley.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
That looks like a reman sticker,as in not new. Take the pulley off see if just the armature will spin. If so it was a pulley issue,if not, then it's junk or reused armature bearings find a better brand.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Some work on the 79. Got the bezels cleaned and got the drivers side polished up and half of the grille as well. It was mainly dirty, but the chrome had a lot of imperfections. Still have to pull the buckets out to get them good, but I want to get one of those little buffers. Also you can see the spot on the bumper. Also did the drivers mirror. Cleaned up way better than I thought it would.

Good lookin truck there bud.

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
Good lookin truck there bud.
It's got 400 some thousand miles and some dents and a tiny bit of rust starting behind the rear wheels. But other than that she's a beaut. My grandpa had good taste.

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Today, the lowering starts. Already the U- bolts are loosened without issue. Good omens so far.
Of course I'm biased, but she will look great when finished. I guess I miss it, but how much are you going with it?

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The torque setting is tight. If it locks up the pulley you need a spacer behind the pulley.

Yep. Either there's a missing spacer or the pulley is on backwards maybe.

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Of course I'm biased, but she will look great when finished. I guess I miss it, but how much are you going with it?
Just usual 4/6. Not going too big- some guys I know are into the tubs and the air bags, but that’s not for me. Trucks like this guy here are classy to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512