What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Well I haven't driven any of my trucks in quite a while I keep trucks around for when I need a truck,different trucks for different jobs. Anyway yesterday loaded up the 85 c to take a couple of loads to the dump.It ran horrible,but if a kept my foot in it I could keep it running and driving,figured the choke was staying closed I'd fix it when I got home. Oh no,the float was stuck had fuel pouring out everywhere,amazed I didnt burn it down. Anyway freed up my float,and today fabbed a steel fuel line to replace the tempt.in rubber hose I had on it. Runs like champ again. Yesterday or so we were talking about Parts guys just being warm bodies.I went to Napa said I need a steel line to fit this,as close to 30 inches as you have, and handed him a fuel pump. He said I don't think we have anything,he jacked around about 10 minutes,I almost walked out,then he says what car. 1985 C10 Chevrolet 305 4 bbl. A minute of playing in the computer,he says a 350? No,yes,305 it doesn't matter,I'm just looking for a plain old steel line to bend up a fuel line. We don't have anything.,That's when I noticed. They are right there,and pointed where the were behind the counter. He says those are brake lines they won't fit I walked back grabbed the one I could see screwed it into the pump,showed him. Do you have one close to 30 inches? Nope the shorter ones are smaller. I looked at a box with some lines in it pulled one out of the box,it was 30 inches. Funniest part is when I was waiting my turn the guy ahead of me on his way out said there's nothing wrong with that Chevy fuel pump.I hadn't said 1 word yet. The customer recognized a Chevy fuel pump in my hand,the parts guy couldn't find a steel line 6ft behind him.

Last edited:

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Guess these pointers on the gear selectors break off easy . Used a pen top to replace an otherwise working part .

You must be registered for see images attach
I bought a NOS off EBay and upon taking it out of the package, the needle snapped off. Thankfully I didn’t spend much- but I was able to cobble one good one together with both parts. Man, they are delicate!

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Got the steering all back together. Power coated all the small parts for the steering stabilizers.

Attachments

• 20230509_120559.jpg
    20230509_120559.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230509_120624.jpg
    20230509_120624.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20230509_191122.jpg
    20230509_191122.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 20230509_191133.jpg
    20230509_191133.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 33

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
Got my new tires mounted to rims, with my NOS caps. Nicest looking damned items on the truck!

Not a lot of room in the rear, my finger touches the tire and fender, somebody lowered it too far :Big Laugh: Looks cool though, I like the filled in look.

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
I coulda turned her back into a single rear and had some serious bad@$S spikes for my lugs!!! (These are the hexes the spacers go over in the kit)....if I just had me some bullet shaped ends to put on them :anitoof:

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
I coulda turned her back into a single rear and had some serious bad@$S spikes for my lugs!!! (These are the hexes the spacers go over in the kit)....if I just had me some bullet shaped ends to put on them :anitoof:

So thats how you rim dual standard rims if you don't have a dually axle, interesting. Never seen that before, was wondering how you had that style wheel on a dually. Cool.

Whats the load capacity with those? Increased or reduced?

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Guess these pointers on the gear selectors break off easy . Used a pen top to replace an otherwise working part .

question is.....did you sniff it before you fixed it? lol

OldBlueDually

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
1976 GMC
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
455 Olds
So thats how you rim dual standard rims if you don't have a dually axle, interesting. Never seen that before, was wondering how you had that style wheel on a dually. Cool.

Whats the load capacity with those? Increased or reduced?

To be honest I'm not sure if it increases the load capacity or not....in my humble opinion I don't think it would increase that, but could "maybe" help stability a little bit. I think it's more of a cool factor than an actual useful thing to have.

The guy built it back in '83 or '84 and this was a JC Whitney dually kit.

I would've never taken this on...he got it like this back then.

He turned it into this, super nice job too! He said he couldn't find the correct grill (76 GMC) so he used a Chevy grill instead.

AyWoSch Motors

The Parts Guy
Reaction score
First Name
Ayden
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500 Sierra
Engine Size
350ci V8
To be honest I'm not sure if it increases the load capacity or not....in my humble opinion I don't think it would increase that, but could "maybe" help stability a little bit. I think it's more of a cool factor than an actual useful thing to have.

The guy built it back in '83 or '84 and this was a JC Whitney dually kit.

I would've never taken this on...he got it like this back then.

He turned it into this, super nice job too! He said he couldn't find the correct grill (76 GMC) so he used a Chevy grill instead.
Thats cool. Very unique

BRetty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Franklin
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
sanded large areas on the door with DA and primed. Also created some wall art. I used magnets to hold it to the corner....and I though the can was aluminum lol. Also received shift indicator today from ebay.
full

full
When you install your shift indicator, please post some pictures and tips. I've tried twice, maybe I am missing some pin/bearing in my dash gauge plastic bezel, anyway #3 is in a little box under my bench seat, waiting to be a-born.

BR

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
When you install your shift indicator, please post some pictures and tips. I've tried twice, maybe I am missing some pin/bearing in my dash gauge plastic bezel, anyway #3 is in a little box under my bench seat, waiting to be a-born.

BR
This should point you in the right direction. You can see the cable with the mounting bracket/bolt hole that bolts to the steering column part that turns when you pull the shift handle, right? Ok, underneath the tachometer, you’ll see a piece moulded into the blue/green plastic. That is the part that the cable slides through and acts as a pulley/guide. Then there should be a fairly obvious place on the steering column where the clip bolts to, and at least on mine, I was able to adjust it back or forth to line up the shift indicator needle for where it needed to be relative to the gear it was in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
504SquareBody