What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
We started on repairing the floor tonight. we got the floor support cut out and everything ground down. Now I need to pick up some primer.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

Tore down the 454... The build has started, get rid of the 350 and build this into a 496

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1981suburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Harv
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I just replace the lower outer door window weathering at the bottom on the drivers side. And I never thought that a 5 minute job existed. It really only took 1 minute. lol

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Well we got some weld thru primer. David has the floor support welded on. We took the outer housing on the cowl panel off. We took the floor vent off so we could access the kick panel. We got the old kick panel cut off as well. Got a lot done and we are both tired.

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Well we got some weld thru primer. David has the floor support welded on. We took the outer housing on the cowl panel off. We took the floor vent off so we could access the kick panel. We got the old kick panel cut off as well. Giot a lot done and we are both tired.

I would be too! Where are the PICS ???

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Used a torch to heat the nuts and soak WD40 into all my U bolts and got them all nice and loose for when I start swapping axles :) I hate cracking U bolts with the grinder it sends shivers up my spine !!! Plus I have a use for these old used U bolts so Im saving money too :)

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
I would be too! Where are the PICS ???

Brother they are still in the camera! :) I am beat. I will post them later on in my build thread.

We are getting a little excited because we have mocked up the inner and outer rockers as well as the floor. Nothing like cutting the rust off of the old girl tho. I told david that this is going to be the fun part. We get to see right away when something is replaced how much better the truck is going to look.:)

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Sweet deal :)

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Got her out over the weekend and took the kiddos for a ride around town :) I'm hoping to drive her to work tomorrow assuming the rain holds off.

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
Went to replace timing chain cover gasket. Now I'm repairing the cover and replacing the timing set. Seems like every time I touch this truck it costs me another $50.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Went to replace timing chain cover gasket. Now I'm repairing the cover and replacing the timing set. Seems like every time I touch this truck it costs me another $50.

Ya well if you had a new truck it would $500 every time.

If you put a couple of car payments into your truck it would be like brand new lol

I hear you though. I try and fix stuff on mine before it even brakes. That way its actually very reliable, My old beast is actually more reliable then our new vehicles lol.

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
Ya well if you had a new truck it would $500 every time.

If you put a couple of car payments into your truck it would be like brand new lol

I hear you though. I try and fix stuff on mine before it even brakes. That way its actually very reliable, My old beast is actually more reliable then our new vehicles lol.

I haven't had the truck long, so I'm still fixing things that were already broke when I got it. Once I get it fully functional I'll move on to preventative maintenance. After I get this back together and finish my front axle rebuild, I have to address the chunk of foam missing from my bench seat.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I haven't had the truck long, so I'm still fixing things that were already broke when I got it. Once I get it fully functional I'll move on to preventative maintenance. After I get this back together and finish my front axle rebuild, I have to address the chunk of foam missing from my bench seat.

Oh right on! That's a lot of work doing the front axle but if done right it will last a lot of years.

Just go to the wreckers and get a whole new seat. I have one from a 95-99 in one of my trucks and it looks great in there.

Pender1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1986|2014
Truck Model
K5|1500
Engine Size
5.3L|5.3L
Oh right on! That's a lot of work doing the front axle but if done right it will last a lot of years.

Just go to the wreckers and get a whole new seat. I have one from a 95-99 in one of my trucks and it looks great in there.

I've already rebuilt the rear axle. Only messed with the front to match the regearing I did in the back. I think I'm going to redo my existing bench just because I'm going do the upholstery in waterproof ballistic nylon. It'll be yet another project that I do just so I can learn how to do it.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I've already rebuilt the rear axle. Only messed with the front to match the regearing I did in the back. I think I'm going to redo my existing bench just because I'm going do the upholstery in waterproof ballistic nylon. It'll be yet another project that I do just so I can learn how to do it.

Hey doing it yourself is the only way to go!

You could have your truck restored for 25k or you can restore it yourself for like 5-7k.

I do everything myself. Every time I have paid someone else (AKA Mechanics) I always end up fixing their crap ass work anyways. So now I don't even think about anything other than doing it myself!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowers31