What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
You've learned what many tried to tell me when I was the same age. If only I had listened, and got an econo beater instead of trying to dd a toy, I'd have some really nice toys now.

My older brother always asked me why I didn't get a new car instead of driving my old truck. I said that besides my truck being paid for, fuel costs and preventative maintenance is cheaper than a car payment and insurance. Of course nowadays fuel costs are far higher than they were. I filled both tanks a couple weeks ago and spent $200. I remember when filling two-20-gallon tanks was only $40. The good old days, and they weren't that long ago really. About 16 years here it was like that.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Just installed and fired up a rebuilt engine in my 81 C10. Sweet!!!

That looks really nice!! Something about a fresh looking engine.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
My older brother always asked me why I didn't get a new car instead of driving my old truck. I said that besides my truck being paid for, fuel costs and preventative maintenance is cheaper than a car payment and insurance. Of course nowadays fuel costs are far higher than they were. I filled both tanks a couple weeks ago and spent $200. I remember when filling two-20-gallon tanks was only $40. The good old days, and they weren't that long ago really. About 16 years here it was like that.

I didn't mean to finance a dd. I literally meant some 4cyl little fuel saver that was reasonably reliable and easy to fix. That would have saved me a lot of time and money to invest in whatever vehicular toy I wanted.

And I hear you about gas prices. I remember back in high school scrounging up about $5 in spare change would put about half a tank of gas in someone's car.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Back flushing the fuel filter indicates I have some debris in the tank.
Ya think!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 86

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
Just a little :popcorn:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Back flushing the fuel filter indicates I have some debris in the tank.
Ya think!
Bet thats gonna take out the pump. So now I decide if I replace the tank and pump or go through a ton of filters until it clears out. Then replace the pump if it lasts that long. Ideally I would replace the tank while the box is off for cab repairs. Its cheap insurance I guess.

Swyzzlestickz

Reaction score
First Name
Tremaine
Truck Year
Truck Model
D10
Engine Size
6.2L
You must be registered for see images

Figured out what I want to do with both. Cucv has a boat anchor 6.2l. White one has working 350 tbi.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size

Even at $200 your still way cheaper than a new car is.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Guess what!?
New problem....
Go to turn it over in morning and turned over once and then lost all power, got home same thing, tried it after about 20 minutes, same thing,
I'm guessing short since it only turns over once, would it be a possibly brush short in starter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Short in starter....now my right turn signal lights up when I hit the brake, and my headlights don't work....come oooonnnnnnn.....

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Short in starter....now my right turn signal lights up when I hit the brake, and my headlights don't work....come oooonnnnnnn.....

First take is it sounds like a grounding problem. You see all sorts of wierd backfeeding like that with a bad ground. Check from the battery to the core support, battery to engine block and engine block to the frame. Also from the frame or engine block to the cab.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EazyT