What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Not my square but I went to Franks (raylnr) and got his fixed. Had no brake lights and right turn signal wouldn't work. Connector for the turn signal switch was halfway out, plugged it back in and everything worked fine. Right headlight connector is messed up, had to fix that. Gave him a 4 spoke steering wheel from when I replaced mine from putting in the Vette wheel and installed that.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Bent, as in out of round? I've found they were often manufactured a bit out of round, so what you have might be normal.

Yeah. The first one was "Holy **** thats bad" out of round. One of my "spares" was the original from the truck, and was totally rusted to crap and I was pretty sure that was bad too. It had a couple of bad areas on the bead seat, wondered why it flat when I removed it. The third was out more than they would like. They said it would be alright for a trailer, but not on the truck.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Yep, around here, we're pretty easy to get along. You can even speak wirty dords if it makes you feel better. About the only 2 things you can do wrong here, is start trashing on someone, or not posting required pics. Either one of the 2 will get you a time out, and by 3rd offense, you're gone for good !!! I"ll have to confer with mods to figure out how long of a time out we'll give. Maybe after looking over your previous activity, maybe some easy going on you. :shrug:

Juz stopped in to see how severe it is, unrepairable, unless I pulls that critter apart again, nope, do`nt even think about it, I`ll takes the punishment and abuze. :banghead::laughing1:

Have a new driving shaft that`s needing U~joints, then oft to church wit the Grandaughter, ten to Forsyth for breakfast, then take the rest of the day wit Me brudder afore He leaves back to kalyfornia, then, tomorrow go to Huntley, put Amal carbeurators and cables back together for His 74 T~150 Triumph Trident then sync them, theys a real pain to get setup but once they are them motorcicles really fly, they do`nt callum a T~150{mph} for nothing, prolly make a couple jopurney over to Billings, anyone needing anything from Billings ???

I`m in need of a shifter for a NP203 transfer case, anybody got one they`ll sell ??? Mines missing some pieces and has a broken part init, I have a single stick from a newer T case, I can make the two of them into one double stick, but, I would rather try and keep it stock if at all possible.

I got some Ujoint that is calling, BBIAB.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Juz stopped in to see how severe it is, unrepairable, unless I pulls that critter apart again, nope, do`nt even think about it, I`ll takes the punishment and abuze. :banghead::laughing1:

Have a new driving shaft that`s needing U~joints, then oft to church wit the Grandaughter, ten to Forsyth for breakfast, then take the rest of the day wit Me brudder afore He leaves back to kalyfornia, then, tomorrow go to Huntley, put Amal carbeurators and cables back together for His 74 T~150 Triumph Trident then sync them, theys a real pain to get setup but once they are them motorcicles really fly, they do`nt callum a T~150{mph} for nothing, prolly make a couple jopurney over to Billings, anyone needing anything from Billings ???

I`m in need of a shifter for a NP203 transfer case, anybody got one they`ll sell ??? Mines missing some pieces and has a broken part init, I have a single stick from a newer T case, I can make the two of them into one double stick, but, I would rather try and keep it stock if at all possible.

I got some Ujoint that is calling, BBIAB.

Put you an add in the Wanted section of the forum. There is usually some NP203's sitting around.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Both Tires too !!! Looks like the ass end got a little sideways huh??? All that horsepower !!! :waytogo:

Yup, posi works good, she was sideways fo sho lol. :party36:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I finally got the crew cab out of winter storage today. Batteries were almost completely dead, that's never happened before, but I normally get it out a few times too. Then I had my wife wash it for me, so it's clean again.

Yeah. The first one was "Holy **** thats bad" out of round. One of my "spares" was the original from the truck, and was totally rusted to crap and I was pretty sure that was bad too. It had a couple of bad areas on the bead seat, wondered why it flat when I removed it. The third was out more than they would like. They said it would be alright for a trailer, but not on the truck.

On a big heavy truck you get a lot of leeway and you don't feel the things you would on a car. I wouldn't be afraid to run them, since GM probably built them that way.

Yup, posi works good, she was sideways fo sho lol. :party36:

Next time there needs to be video...

:popcorn:

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
On a big heavy truck you get a lot of leeway and you don't feel the things you would on a car. I wouldn't be afraid to run them, since GM probably built them that way.

You know, I was thinking about it today, and almost wonder if they were just looking at the balance of it. It still had the tire on it. I tried to watch it as close as I could, and my un-professional eyes didn't really see what they must have saw. I am thinking I am going to take it to another shop and see what they say about it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I aint doin that again! I thought she was gonna come around 360* and take that pole out, I just about **** my britches, lol!!!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I aint doin that again! I thought she was gonna come around 360* and take that pole out, I just about **** my britches, lol!!!

hahahaha ***** !!! It ain't fun going straight brah !!! That's the way we rolled back in the day !!! Every which way but straight. If you went straight, that meant you have a 1 tire fryer and wasn't welcome to hang with the big boys, so go getcher ass on the porch and watch !!!

Practice up on your backsteering skills, you won't hit no poles !!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceyman72