What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:banghead: Repercussions, dangit, always some sort of repurcussions. :banghead::shocked::happy175:

Yep, around here, we're pretty easy to get along. You can even speak wirty dords if it makes you feel better. About the only 2 things you can do wrong here, is start trashing on someone, or not posting required pics. Either one of the 2 will get you a time out, and by 3rd offense, you're gone for good !!! I"ll have to confer with mods to figure out how long of a time out we'll give. Maybe after looking over your previous activity, maybe some easy going on you. :shrug:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Ehh I'm not sure about that, but I think I'd also reconsider.

Why not? The purpose in a bedliner is to prevent dings/dents, and keep crap from sliding all around. Wood doesn't dent and stuff doesn't slide all over the place either.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Eh...stuff always slid all over the place in my old stepside. I had several dents in the side of the bed from junk sliding across the floor.

I was always going to rhino line the wood floor after I replaced the boards. I don't see why it wouldn't work. I built a small wood toolbox to throw my ratchet straps and receiver hitches in for my bronco and coated it with duplicolor bedliner. That was 6 years ago and it still looks like the day I put it on. If the cheap junk sticks to wood, I'd say a good quality bedliner should too.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
During the process of getting some tires mounted, we found a bent wheel. So I bring them my two spares to check out for me. Not straight either! #&%@!! Now I need to find a good one. Anyone got a 8 lug 16 inch steel wheel?!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well damn, you're to damn far away bud or I'd have one. You need to go visit a pull a part or something. Here for ANY wheel and tire, it's $18 with tax and no core charge.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Murdered the right side brake line fitting (stripped it) trying to remove the brake hose, and then found out the wrong hose was in the right box...Grrr...

I can still install the hose with the murdered line fitting (it's stripped, vice grips for the win!), but I refuse to install a brake hose I can't mount to the upper control arm properly...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Why not? The purpose in a bedliner is to prevent dings/dents, and keep crap from sliding all around. Wood doesn't dent and stuff doesn't slide all over the place either.
That's what I"m saying, I think I'd reconsider spraying the wood. I don't think I'd do it. I'd spray the sides and the strips though. Do it all but the wood. I'd just hit the wood with Thomposons or some other treatment that does both water and UV protection and leave the wood showing. I'd also do the treatment on the bottom of the wood to keep road water, salt and grime off the wood. It rots from both sides you know.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The four yards I called are closed today. Monday..... :thumbsdown:

Damn, that really sucks. Around here Sat and Sunday are the busiest days at the Pull A Part yards and why I got on the weekdays so it's not so crowded. Good new for you is, I'm pretty sure the 2wd and 4wd, along with SRW 1 tons 2 and 4wd are all the same wheel, so you shouldn't have a problem finding stockers.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Murdered the right side brake line fitting (stripped it) trying to remove the brake hose, and then found out the wrong hose was in the right box...Grrr...

I can still install the hose with the murdered line fitting (it's stripped, vice grips for the win!), but I refuse to install a brake hose I can't mount to the upper control arm properly...

Hate when that happens, and it even happens using flare nut wrenches.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Hate when that happens, and it even happens using flare nut wrenches.

Yep, that's what I stripped it with, no less. Sucker was tiiiiight.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
During the process of getting some tires mounted, we found a bent wheel. So I bring them my two spares to check out for me. Not straight either! #&%@!! Now I need to find a good one. Anyone got a 8 lug 16 inch steel wheel?!

Bent, as in out of round? I've found they were often manufactured a bit out of round, so what you have might be normal.

That's what I"m saying, I think I'd reconsider spraying the wood. I don't think I'd do it. I'd spray the sides and the strips though. Do it all but the wood. I'd just hit the wood with Thomposons or some other treatment that does both water and UV protection and leave the wood showing. I'd also do the treatment on the bottom of the wood to keep road water, salt and grime off the wood. It rots from both sides you know.

Funny you mention that, the underside of mine still looks brand spankin new. I don't know how, it's been out in the weather and I've driven it a couple winters. The top is still solid but has some wear because it's been used like a truck.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Bent, as in out of round? I've found they were often manufactured a bit out of round, so what you have might be normal.

Funny you mention that, the underside of mine still looks brand spankin new. I don't know how, it's been out in the weather and I've driven it a couple winters. The top is still solid but has some wear because it's been used like a truck.

You're going straight to hell for using a truck like a truck. :idiot:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually