What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
But the washer works too?

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I had to put mine in 4LOW last night backing the boat up in the field in the snow last night. :D

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Locked the hubs in before Christmas just in case it snowed then forgot about them being locked in and went to the store for some gas Friday and remembered that i have two ujoints that need attention lol.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Locked the hubs in before Christmas just in case it snowed then forgot about them being locked in and went to the store for some gas Friday and remembered that i have two ujoints that need attention lol.

I can wiggle my front slip joint about a half inch but so far it isn't making noise lol.

It's brutal cold and windy today but I might sneak out and slap on the old school deflector Bucket sent me. I am stir crazy from being stuck inside.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Yea my front d-shaft has a bad joint at the pinion and then the right wheel joint is sloppy too but noa mush as the d-shaft lol. Aslong as im around 45-50 i dont feel any thing but above that i can feel them.

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
350 with 350 Turbo transmission
But the washer works too?

It sure does! Better than it did before too. Remember I said in the post that "it ALL works". Next time I will elaborate more! The old one was likely the factory original that was on its last leg when I started using it. Now I want to find the correct assembly for the wiper-delay feature. There is one on Ebay but I am not sure if it is the right one.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
AND...it all works and looks GREAT!! I had never bothered to try to replace the wiper motor due to the Haynes manual making it sound harder than it actually turned out to be. I had done something similar to my 1973 Dodge Charger and 1973 Plymouth Satellite so I was not looking forward to it.
There was a foam ring type of washer thing that was with FRANKENTRUCK's old wiper motor. I did not reinstall it due to it being so dry rotted and useless-looking. The new one did not come with one either. I wonder where I will end up finding one?

Don't worry about that foam seal, I have forgot to put them on before, all was well.

I can change that wiper motor in about 2 minutes I think. My '84 has been through 5 or 6 of the remanufactured junkers. This last one only worked right for 2 days, then the washer quit working. I'm just going to install a newer unit with a remote washer pump.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Don't worry about that foam seal, I have forgot to put them on before, all was well.

I can change that wiper motor in about 2 minutes I think. My '84 has been through 5 or 6 of the remanufactured junkers. This last one only worked right for 2 days, then the washer quit working. I'm just going to install a newer unit with a remote washer pump.

What brands of Reman have you gotten? I need to replace my wiper motor before inspection in January.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
What brands of Reman have you gotten? I need to replace my wiper motor before inspection in January.

All of them, lol. I've bought them from Advance, Auto Zone, Napa, and then Car Quest too.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
All of them, lol. I've bought them from Advance, Auto Zone, Napa, and then Car Quest too.

Think the AC/Delco reman would be any good? Do you have any experience with that one?

FRANKENTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pierce
Truck Year
1981 1968
Truck Model
C10 Deluxe Stepside C10
Engine Size
350 with 350 Turbo transmission
I think I got AC Delco reman for mine at Advance Auto. I did not realize how WEAK my old one was until I got the new one.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Think the AC/Delco reman would be any good? Do you have any experience with that one?

I wasn't even aware of an AC/Delco unit. I'll have to look into that when I go back to work Wed.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Went on a mini road-trip that produced this....

You must be registered for see images attach

Got it for $25.....

I plan on taking pics along the way as I take it apart and clean it up. It's own little mini-thread. Or start one for my truck. Anyways, I was excited to get it and needed to share with guys that understand, unlike my wife!

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
V8
Went on a mini road-trip that produced this....

Got it for $25.....

I plan on taking pics along the way as I take it apart and clean it up. It's own little mini-thread. Or start one for my truck. Anyways, I was excited to get it and needed to share with guys that understand, unlike my wife!

Nice find! Lookin forward to that clean up thread. :D

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
It will be even cooler if it works, I'll keep my fingers crossed :waytogo:

I mounted some winter wheels and tires on the back of the C10 today, and adjusted the rear brakes too (an adjuster was seized). More traction and the brakes feel awesome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PapaBear8486