What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I need some motivation to decide on the 80 I'm looking at, 300$ at least in metal, and I started looking at some paint colors, each of these is a two tone, I think these would work with black or chrome wheels, painted like the one pictured, the brighter color where it's orange and top and back of cab, the maroon would be the base color with the grey metallic as the orange and cab, I need to get a project started and finished for once
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
Replaced the headliner a couple of weeks ago. This is the third one the truck has had, the first two were GM. This one was an Acme from Rock auto. Now I finally know where the coyote gets his stuff.

Old: visor is turned around to keep the sagging fabric from wearing out my hair.

New one seemed to be decent quality, although I did have to take the Dremel to the visor cutouts to get it to fit correctly. I also treated her to an LED bulb for the dome light:

Considering that it's not in direct sunlight, it is amazing how much these things fade. Now the question is, since it's the foam under the fabric that fails, do I keep the previous GM headliner as a core to have it reupholstered when this one inevitably quits or do I just buy another one when it's time?

Last edited:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Found another, trying to decide which brand to buy new.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Replaced the headliner a couple of weeks ago. This is the third one the truck has had, the first two were GM. This one was an Acme from Rock auto. Now I finally know where they coyote gets his stuff.

Old: visor is turned around to keep the sagging fabric from wearing out my hair.

New one seemed to be decent quality, although I did have to take the Dremel to the visor cutouts to get it to fit correctly. I also treated her to an LED bulb for the dome light:

Considering that it's not in direct sunlight, it is amazing how much these things fade. Now the question is, since it's the foam under the fabric that fails, do I keep the previous GM headliner as a core to have it reupholstered when this one inevitably quits or do I just buy another one when it's time?

Personally, I'd save that one to recover.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Replaced the headliner a couple of weeks ago. This is the third one the truck has had, the first two were GM. This one was an Acme from Rock auto. Now I finally know where they coyote gets his stuff.

I'd keep it as well. Got mine redone by a local shop when I first started driving her. Went from the perforated vinyl to a soft fabric. Was less than $100 for them redo the foam backing since it was falling apart at the visor corners.

Only material they could have gotten thatwas similar to oem was a perforated vinyl that mercedes used at like 2-3x the cost. Needless to say, opted out of that at the time and been happy with it since.

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
Currently painting up the heads, intake manifold and doing some touch up spots on the block that got missed. Should be all good to go soon!

Gonna pressure wash the engine bay and wheel down the light rust on the frame and spray her up a rustoleum gloss black.

Painted almost all the brackets yesterday the same black.

86suburbanNJ609

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
Depends on that Scat crank. It's very possible it has a 350, 5.7 rods and those the better ones to have with a 383 stroker rather than the shorter 400 engine rods. Use the longer rod so long as the pistons have the wrist pin in the correct compression height. The longer rods take alot less strain and more apt to run a bit higher rpm without problems. If all that is said that was done, that looks like a good build. Rods were resized, line hone was done etc. They did some good things that alot of people seem to skimp on.

If the engine is that low of mileage still, and if not done properly, the rings may not even be seated yet. Those plasma moly rings are hard to get seated, they take awhile. If it were me, I'd probably just start over with a new break in proecdure. Put a 195 thermostat in it for awhile so it runs a tad hotter, use standard 30 weight NON DETERGENT motor oil. You don't need detergent in a new clean engine anyway. But you don't want something so slick the rings aren't scrubbing the cylinder walls. Do a cam break in or Zinc addative too. Warmer engine, let them rings scrub the cylinders walls for about 500-800 miles and they should find a happy home and last a good long time.[/QUOTE
I used the GTX 10/30 oil AC Delco filter and the truck idles at 190 and drives at 170 also added the zinc additive too. Thanks for the reply

84 C20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
scuddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 sb
Took the intake off to replace gaskets and found this.

So while the intake is off, thought i'd make the engine run better by painting the manifold

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Not much here, just buttoned the interior back up in an admission of defeat with the wiper delay. I have been doing more local trips with it lately and as its been warming up the starts have been better and the overall feel has been better. Thats a plus. Almost decided to stay with the TBI instead of LM7...not!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Took the intake off to replace gaskets and found this.

So while the intake is off, thought i'd make the engine run better by painting the manifold

So, what's the roller look like on that turned lifter?

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
...and the cam. And while we're at it, where's the missing guide piece?

84 C20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
scuddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 sb
I'm a little scared to pull the lifter, honestly. Last night I rotated it back around and didn't feel any indexing, so I'm hoping it's not bad. I'll probably pull them tonight if I man-up.

Here's the bit that broke off. Found it in the well for the oil pump shaft. It's the dime looking round bit. By the way, this is a pic from the scope I got off of Amazon. It connects to the phone via wifi.

I got it out with my $35 scope with the magnet attachment. It's paid for itself on the first use as far as I'm concerned.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I drove the square down to So-Cal Speedshop..one of our local hotrod shops aka candystore. I ended up buying a bag full of goodies for my 1964 c10 project truck. Damnit. ...I can never leave that place without spending serious cash. If they had strippers and firearms, I would never be able to leave and be broke!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prenrag