What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Not good, will .010 clean it up or are you going .030 right away?
Not sure, not sure if another 500 is in the budget to have it completely machined, planned on honing and new cam bearings, was going to buy some double hump heads but I guess I'll just build it back stock now to keep cost down, I need the truck to move so I can get the 96 1500 up to the garage and rebuild it's transmission and go through it's engine, it's been sitting for two years

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Not sure, not sure if another 500 is in the budget to have it completely machined, planned on honing and new cam bearings, was going to buy some double hump heads but I guess I'll just build it back stock now to keep cost down, I need the truck to move so I can get the 96 1500 up to the garage and rebuild it's transmission and go through it's engine, it's been sitting for two years

Run a ball hone threw it and see how it feels. Not the correct way but might work.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Does it have a ridge at the top of the cylinders?
Very slightly, its a goodwrench crate engine, can't have many miles on it judging from lack of wear on main bearings and left side cylinder walls looking just fine

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Still kinda odd it’s one side

84 C20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
scuddy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350 sb
Decided to throw in a new oil pump because oil pressure would drop to 5 psi for a few seconds at freeway speeds. Then jump back up to 40 psi. When the old pump was out I spun the shaft. It didn't spin freely; in fact, it was kind of indexed.
The new pump is great. I'm getting 80 psi when cold and 60 psi when all warmed up. I'm also getting some smoke out of the 2-4-6-8 bank. Remember the WW2 battleships that would lay down a smoke screen when under attack? well, you get the idea...so my next project is to see if any of the head bolts are a smidge loose and reseat the intake manifold. If those don't help then I get to pull the engine and put new rings in and hone the cylinders. Yea. yippy.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Decided to throw in a new oil pump because oil pressure would drop to 5 psi for a few seconds at freeway speeds. Then jump back up to 40 psi. When the old pump was out I spun the shaft. It didn't spin freely; in fact, it was kind of indexed.
The new pump is great. I'm getting 80 psi when cold and 60 psi when all warmed up. I'm also getting some smoke out of the 2-4-6-8 bank. Remember the WW2 battleships that would lay down a smoke screen when under attack? well, you get the idea...so my next project is to see if any of the head bolts are a smidge loose and reseat the intake manifold. If those don't help then I get to pull the engine and put new rings in and hone the cylinders. Yea. yippy.

This reminds me of a '64 Olds F-85 that a friend used to have. It was the V6 and had duals on it. When you would romp on it, there was enough smoke belching from the right side tailpipe to kill the mesquitos county-wide.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
This reminds me of a '64 Olds F-85 that a friend used to have. It was the V6 and had duals on it. When you would romp on it, there was enough smoke belching from the right side tailpipe to kill the mesquitos county-wide.
I got yous all beat lol 74 Mazda pick up with a 13B with a Holley on it that sat for 15 or so years. Then taking it out and doing some 9000rpm shifts lol I know it’s not a competition, but thinking about doing just that made me laugh. And today was a ****** ass day so it felt good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jersagfast