What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Finally treated the rust in the foot wells. Used the KBS 3-step process and it turned out pretty nice. I'll take pics tomorrow. I'm glad I did it, it was starting to pin-hole on the passenger side. I think at this point it should be much better off.

caliphatman8123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500 suburban
Engine Size
tbi 350
Our 86 SS monte has A 200r and 3.73's factory and that car can get up and go.

I've told him to have it rebuilt but you know how stubborn some people are and his isn't a ss just a 4.3 in it... told him he ought to at least bump to a vortec on it... lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
8hrs
Wow???
Is it that tight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a combination of me not doing this before, not having the correct tools, and rusted bolts. I've got a summary in my 350 Engine Upgrades Thread.

v2500burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500
Engine Size
350ci
87chevyr10
Sir,
I'm sorry
I wasn't questioning your ability
These squares are new to me and I was wondering how hard headers are on these.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
87chevyr10
Sir,
I'm sorry
I wasn't questioning your ability
These squares are new to me and I was wondering how hard headers are on these.

No need to apologize. I am certain if I were to do it again, I would have done things much differently and could possibly reduce the install time in half.

In retrospect, the installation of headers isn't hard, it's time consuming. Not only did I have to clear out the emissions crap, I also had rusted components which needed time with PB Blaster and usually broke off. If I had had a cutting tool to deal with everything south of the manifolds, the time I spent would have been reduced drastically. Also, a good portion of my time was figuring out Flowtech's instructions for the dual headers exhaust kit (they aren't clear in the diagram).

Aside from the struggles, I feel the upgrade was worth the hard work. I have the exhaust dumping under the bed and the resonance in the cab is bearable. Now, I need to improve the TBI for better flow and throttle response; but, not before I get the steering system fixed.

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
put in new compressor , dryer ,expansion valve and flushed the system now have ice cold a/c here in south florida. Also wired the auxillary electric fan to a relay triggered by the compressor to help keep the condenser cool
You must be registered for see images attach

TURNED OUT GREAT

Last edited:

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
put in new compressor , dryer ,expansion valve and flushed the system now have ice cold a/c here in south florida. Also wired the auxillary electric fan to a relay triggered by the compressor to help keep the condenser cool

turned out great
before

after

datto62073

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
finally working dome lights!!!!!! just one more thing fixed! :D now to fix my tank selector and i'll be golden. also plugs and wires today if i have time.

transportjockey

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
454 V8
Still tearing apart the dash... wish the whole metal structure could be removed

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
Got front window seals installed on the Suburban, didn't have the guts to go after the vent windows though. Maybe later.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Got front window seals installed on the Suburban, didn't have the guts to go after the vent windows though. Maybe later.

There is a guide in the DIY section on how to replace the vent window seals. It's somewhat involved.

datto62073

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
plugs and wires in. runs much smoother and she'll put ya back in your seat now in 4th. not bad for an old brick.

r67northern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Leland
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban r20
Engine Size
There is a guide in the DIY section on how to replace the vent window seals. It's somewhat involved.

Right ... That's what helped talk me out of it this time around. It's a great guide though.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I got the 14b FF 4.10 axle sitting under the K10. Haven't done the 56in C6P 3/4 ton spring swap yet. I'll wait til I get the truck to my house where I have access to air tools and a concrete driveway to do most of that.

Also picked up some of my parts from my dads property. I brought the A883 and NP208 with bellhousing home. The nice K case 700r4 that will eventually end up in the K1500, and the Th350/NP205 combo that I'm not exactly sure what I might do with yet. It might just be getting saved for the Burb/K5 project if that ever transpires. So yep, I got to bring some toys home on the trailer from my dads. Didn't get to bring the K10 home though like I wanted. I've got a little more work to do here at the house with building fences so I can hide the 91 Burb in the backyard without having the city on my ass, so I'll have room in the driveway for the K10. It's going to piss the city off anyway cuz I'm taking the bed off of it to clean the frame, install the springs and fuel tanks. :flipthebird:

attachment.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K5Chris