Suburban to Avalanche Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
K5 Sublazer :shrug:

denniswhurley

Reaction score
First Name
dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Stepside
Engine Size
Burbalanche

Ok ... I am about 80% on this... first step.. I am looking for a 'burban... has to be 4x4... dang that plazma cutter sitting in the corner is ready to work....LOL. I know there has been a lot of talk about the k5 route but I have been looking for a k5 to make a p/u out of too. So that is not really an option... I missed out on buying a burb already done...short on $$ when it came about ... aint that the way it is...

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ok ... I am about 80% on this... first step.. I am looking for a 'burban... has to be 4x4... dang that plazma cutter sitting in the corner is ready to work....LOL. I know there has been a lot of talk about the k5 route but I have been looking for a k5 to make a p/u out of too. So that is not really an option... I missed out on buying a burb already done...short on $$ when it came about ... aint that the way it is...

I wanted a K5 bad at one time. When I seen the prices and condition of them, I had to pass. Then I seen the prices of Burbs and they seemed to not be beat to hell near as bad either, and Burbs come in 3/4 ton too, so I pretty much just got it out of my head that I'll ever get a K5 cuz of price and condition and figured I'd settle on a Burb. I'd really like a 4x4 3/4 ton Burb or Crew Cab 3/4 or 1 ton 4x4. That's what I really want, but that'll likely not happen either. But yeah, don't feel bad on the K5 Blazer. Wash your mind of that and find you a Burb. JMO I'd really like to see you do this deal here. And you can find K5 Blazer tops all the time on CL where guys have scrapped the K5 but kept the top. :cheers: We'll be here to cheer you on. Just post lots of pics with your progress. :gathering:

denniswhurley

Reaction score
First Name
dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Stepside
Engine Size
Yeah folks in TX and OK seem to be crazy proud of the K5s Here in ARK they are a little better... but I still wish i had kept mine... oh well... there were others I wish i still had too....

Hunter79764

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V20
Engine Size
I'm a fan of the modern Avalanche's and have thought about getting one for a daily, but I've got to say that the Squarevalanche doesn't quite do it for me. The K5 Brazer certainly does though... although I've got a 3/4T, would it become a K15 Brazer? K17.5? I don't think I'd lose much capacity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade