86 suburban 2wd to 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmichels83

Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Looks like a very well preserved Burb, good luck with your project!
I'm partial to square body Burbs; we've had 5 of them. Two OBS Burbs as well; a '99 C1500 5.7 that was wrecked after eight years of ownership, and it's nearly identical replacement (which is actually a better one than the first one). I like squares and OBS's cause they are still reasonably simple to work on and parts are readily available and not too expensive. Newer trucks are nicer but in the long term, my experience says they are not worth the hassle and expenses.
I agree and this is exactly why I bought an older suburban. Sold my 2020 Yukon because maintenance and repairs on the thing were ridiculous. Using the money from selling that to work on this. Originally was looking for something 91-93, but couldn't find anything that didn't need a completely new paint job. This one here I originally didn't think I was going to buy it because it wasn't 4wd. But, it will be less money to convert to 4wd then completely redo paint and interior on any 4wd I could find.

Anyone that is confused on why mcarlo86 has a picture of my suburban, he is my totally awesome brother for helping out on this project. He is also partially responsible for encouraging me to buy a squarebody suburban instead of an OBS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef