Steering Column Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I looked and couldn't find it. The connector I have attached to my wiper switch will not fit the wiper delay module. It's not even close to being the correct one.

Search for ACDelco Connector PT702 or BWD PT1260. It's comes as a 7 wire pigtail:

You must be registered for see images attach

ACDelco $61 here:

http://www.oscaroparts.com/acdelco-windshield-wiper-switch-connector-pt702-6026724-10804-p

$52 @ Rockauto:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/acdelco,PT702,wiper+switch+connector,10804

When you splice it into your harness, only use the middle 5 leads - leave the outer ones disconnected and connect your cab side wires as shown:

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Search for ACDelco Connector PT702 or BWD PT1260. It's comes as a 7 wire pigtail:

ACDelco $61 here:

http://www.oscaroparts.com/acdelco-windshield-wiper-switch-connector-pt702-6026724-10804-p

$52 @ Rockauto:

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/acdelco,PT702,wiper+switch+connector,10804

When you splice it into your harness, only use the middle 5 leads - leave the outer ones disconnected and connect your cab side wires as shown:

So this pigtail you're talking about @chengny would be part of the 84 and up wiring harness right?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
So this pigtail you're talking about @chengny would be part of the 84 and up wiring harness right?

Yes, just like this - as used in an 86 (except without the little tail):

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm thinking I have that pigtail but damn, I'd hate to cut it off of a complete harness. Though I'd hate to see one of these guys pay over $50 for a pigtail.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
I'm thinking I have that pigtail but damn, I'd hate to cut it off of a complete harness. Though I'd hate to see one of these guys pay over $50 for a pigtail.

Oh yeah, that's the dilemma - and I know exactly how you feel. But, they should be able to go to any junkyard and **** one off in 2 minutes. That connector was used in many applications - not just 80's trucks.

Also they don't need to find a truck with pulse wipers. The "cab side" connector is the same - whether the pulse wiper module is installed or not. If the truck isn't equipped with intermittent wipers (i.e. no module in the line), that connector above just plugs right onto the male side that runs down the inside of the column:

These connectors are everywhere.

Last edited:

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
So I could just splice it into the existing harness based on the color codes?

Yes, I carefully checked the cab side wiring for a pre-85 and column side wiring for an 87.

Splice your existing wiper switch wiring group to the PT702 connector as shown above - and you should be GTG.

Shack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Seems to me like maybe the original harness in my truck wasn't from an '85. Who knows. Lots of good information and I greatly appreciate it guys. Exactly what I was looking for.

One of the guys offered us his connector. I told him if he thinks he'll need it again not to cut it and that I'll buy the one online or if he isn't going to need it, I'd be glad to take it.

Thanks again, I owe y'all!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Seems to me like maybe the original harness in my truck wasn't from an '85. Who knows. Lots of good information and I greatly appreciate it guys. Exactly what I was looking for.

One of the guys offered us his connector. I told him if he thinks he'll need it again not to cut it and that I'll buy the one online or if he isn't going to need it, I'd be glad to take it.

Thanks again, I owe y'all!

I forget which one of you now, but I was thinking that one of you 2 may have had a cab swap in the past. It might be you. If your truck is an 85 and your wiper switch is on the dash and your dimmer switch is on the floor then you have an 83 or earlier set up. So it's possible someone swapped the whole cab and used the existing wiring.

How much is that harness online that you're looking at buying?

Shack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I forget which one of you now, but I was thinking that one of you 2 may have had a cab swap in the past. It might be you. If your truck is an 85 and your wiper switch is on the dash and your dimmer switch is on the floor then you have an 83 or earlier set up. So it's possible someone swapped the whole cab and used the existing wiring.

How much is that harness online that you're looking at buying?

The harness online was like $50 for that connector. One of the members here is going to send me his.

The thing about this truck, is you're likely right that there was a cab swap. I bought the truck knowing nothing about squarebodies and as an '85, it had a 100mph speedo in it. The truck was an A/C truck but the dash bezel had a little cubby hole above the A/C controls. When I pulled the dash apart, that a/c vent was there but it had duct tape covering the outlet, thus why there was no vent. I didn't catch it because i didn't know better. Then the boot that was on the 4wd shifter, didn't match ANYTHING in LMC's catalog for a new boot, so I would agree that there was likely a swap of some sort. Just don't know what.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
The harness online was like $50 for that connector. One of the members here is going to send me his.

The thing about this truck, is you're likely right that there was a cab swap. I bought the truck knowing nothing about squarebodies and as an '85, it had a 100mph speedo in it. The truck was an A/C truck but the dash bezel had a little cubby hole above the A/C controls. When I pulled the dash apart, that a/c vent was there but it had duct tape covering the outlet, thus why there was no vent. I didn't catch it because i didn't know better. Then the boot that was on the 4wd shifter, didn't match ANYTHING in LMC's catalog for a new boot, so I would agree that there was likely a swap of some sort. Just don't know what.

So it's probably an older cab. Having a 100mph speedo and probably the Tcase shifter boot is probably an NP203. Hopefully it was a just a cab swap and not a stolen truck that someone just swapped the VIN tag. I'd be checking the frame VIN to see if it matches. If it don't match, then someone just did a VIN tag swap. If that's the case, there's some states you won't be able to get that truck registered. So don't move out of state with it. :shrug:

Shack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So it's probably an older cab. Having a 100mph speedo and probably the Tcase shifter boot is probably an NP203. Hopefully it was a just a cab swap and not a stolen truck that someone just swapped the VIN tag. I'd be checking the frame VIN to see if it matches. If it don't match, then someone just did a VIN tag swap. If that's the case, there's some states you won't be able to get that truck registered. So don't move out of state with it. :shrug:

I bought the truck in VA and registered it in Alaska (military benefits lol). Also, after i found the frame cracked in several locations, I swapped it out with a cleaner frame I got from a '77 K-10. I took that and had it powdercoated and like I said, the truck is currently registered.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I bought the truck in VA and registered it in Alaska (military benefits lol). Also, after i found the frame cracked in several locations, I swapped it out with a cleaner frame I got from a '77 K-10. I took that and had it powdercoated and like I said, the truck is currently registered.

So you know it's pretty much a FrankenTruck then. I know it would be fine in OK. All they check is the VIN tag. Cali is one state I know, they'll check the frame to make sure it matches the VIN tag if it don't you're going to have some hurdles to go through to see if they will even allow it to be registered.

Shack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mathew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
So you know it's pretty much a FrankenTruck then. I know it would be fine in OK. All they check is the VIN tag. Cali is one state I know, they'll check the frame to make sure it matches the VIN tag if it don't you're going to have some hurdles to go through to see if they will even allow it to be registered.

Yes Frankentruck is a term I've used to describe it. lol. I'm not concerned about Cali. As long as I'm active duty, I won't have to worry about licensing/titling there and when I retire....it won't be in Cali.

My Franketruck parts list is as follows:

14-B wheel seal: 2003 Chevy 3500HD
Rear Calipers: '76 Eldorado
Frame: '77 K-10
Engine: 2004 Suburban (5.3L Vortec)
Trans: 2002 Chevy 1500 (4L60E)
Fuel tank: '87 Chevy Blazer 32 gallon
Steering shaft: Jeep Grand Cherokee
Injectors: Ford SVO 30#
Steering Column: '87 Blazer

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Them 76 Eldo Calipers is probably what I need for my 14b FF that has a disk brake kit on it. I won't install it cuz I won't be without a park brake. I hear the Caddy calipers have provisions for park brake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1975K20