99' K2500 Steering Column in 87' Blazer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RanchWelder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
--------
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
355ci
Not so much concerned with the wiring aspect.
Got pig tails for the 99' wheel/harness.

Most likely upgrade the anemic wiper system in the 87' to the newer style, with the intermittent in the motor housing.
So not concerned with wiper wiring in the swap.
No cruise in the Blazer, no worries there.

My question is length, bolt alignment, secondary shaft length and spline count at the Saginaw.

I also intend to weld up a plate, if it is required, at the firewall?

I see all the aftermarket columns have no plate either.

Was hoping somebody with experience could shed some do's and don't (s) on the issues?
Be great if anyone has an 87' or similar column to show measurements, as well.

My 87' column is in my truck.

Pics with measurements is not possible, so any pics would be useful.

If anyone would have the time to snap a few shots of an un-mounted column from the shelf, so I can plan out the swap, it would really help. I'm interested in the actual column tube diameter, where a Lokar shift adapter cable would attach on the 87'.

If I can swap the 99', my plan is to use the 4L80E cable and use the column to shift.
If it will not work, I would be interested in the correct Lokar short shaft 4L80E, which mounts an aluminum bracket to operate the cable, where the OEM shifter attaches to the 700R4 linkage.

Or I buy a darn expensive B&M shifter and drill through the floor. (Not really in my budget. I'd rather fight the wiring and weld a bit instead of spending money for a new shifter, at this stage).

*Yes I have read the interchange thread. It does not apply here.

Any advise would be appreciated.

squaredeal91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg bush
Truck Year
1991 SB
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins 12 valve
Its an interesting idea, My biggest concern would be how it looked cosmetically when mounted in the dash. There pretty different. They were pretty similar up to 94 I think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe