Stay Away From thepartsmonster On eBay or anywhere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoomalot

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado Shorty
Engine Size
350 Ram Jet
Was stung like a lot of other guy's using thepartsmonster on ebay!!!
Order new parts, they arrive USED out of the junk yard probably in a beat up box.
When you bitch to ebay they request a return on your dime to rejuvenate the process on
someone else. I gave up on trying to collect. To many hours to trying to collect $50.
Really Bad experience. Don't get burnt. PAYPAL ends up with the cash??
Would it be coincidence that ebay and PayPal are financially attached!
Probably should have a Post section on forums for The Good, The Bad, and Ugly Merchants.
Would save a lot of sanity!!!

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Been stung too.
Parts I sold on eBay were soda or media blasted and primed/painted before I shipped them. You gotta treat people like you would want to be treated.
I've never had a problem collecting back through PayPal though.

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
Was stung like a lot of other guy's using thepartsmonster on ebay!!!
Order new parts, they arrive USED out of the junk yard probably in a beat up box.
When you bitch to ebay they request a return on your dime to rejuvenate the process on
someone else. I gave up on trying to collect. To many hours to trying to collect $50.
Really Bad experience. Don't get burnt. PAYPAL ends up with the cash??
Would it be coincidence that ebay and PayPal are financially attached!
Probably should have a Post section on forums for The Good, The Bad, and Ugly Merchants.
Would save a lot of sanity!!!
I quit dealing with/on eBay before this century was born.. The ordeal also soured me for online purchases in general.. 99% of the time, if I can't find it locally, or at least within travel distance, I do without.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I just spent almost $800 on E-Gay from 6 different stores for parts for my tranny, lol, but I only buy from credible stores and I only pay with PayPal, in 10yrs I only had one incident and thanks to PayPal it was resolved quick and everyone was content.. Never heard of the parts monster though???..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I just spent almost $800 on E-Gay from 6 different stores for parts for my tranny, lol, but I only buy from credible stores and I only pay with PayPal, in 10yrs I only had one incident and thanks to PayPal it was resolved quick and everyone was content.. Never heard of the parts monster though???..
It has monster in the name so it sucks lol

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I've had the same account with them for 18 years, and haven't gotten screwed one time. Like you say- check the feedback first. If the person has lots of recent negative feedback for not delivering their parts..... Well, you're probably not gonna get your **** either.... Lol.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
OT:

Hey, @74 Shortbed , you still have your wagon? Got pics or a thread?

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I've had the same account with them for 18 years, and haven't gotten screwed one time. Like you say- check the feedback first. If the person has lots of recent negative feedback for not delivering their parts..... Well, you're probably not gonna get your **** either.... Lol.
Exactly.. :D

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
OT:

Hey, @74 Shortbed , you still have your wagon? Got pics or a thread?
Yep still got it, don't know why I'll probably never get to work on it, lol, been thinking of getting rid of that one too so I can have some room, lol.. I'll see if i can find some pics..

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yep still got it, don't know why I'll probably never get to work on it, lol, been thinking of getting rid of that one too so I can have some room, lol.. I'll see if i can find some pics..
Please do! 6 or V8? Luggage rack? 4 or 5 lug? Got the rear facing 3rd seat? What trim series?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS put faith in the feedback system on fleabay. I mean, take them negatives with a grain of salt and try to read the real facts. Sometimes someone just has buyers remorse, or they screwed up and bought the wrong **** cuz they didn't read the ad and then they're pist off at the seller who did nothing wrong. But if it's a legit complaint, and not something like, the USPS damaged the package... and they post that **** before the seller even had a chance to respond, that's pretty chicken **** and I don't hold that against the seller. And look through the positives too. I know not everyone is perfect, mistakes happen. To me, mistakes are easily forgiven provided they owned up and made it right in short order without hassle. So when I do get the wrong **** or bad part and they took care of it instantly without delay, I always post something to that affect so buyers know how they handle **** when it's wrong or you're not satisified. I've left positive feeback before, Received wrong item, fast response, correct item recvd promptly.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
BTW, we do have a thread here for products, but there's so many good or bad, you'd have the read the whole thread that is many pages long to find something like, Don't buy from dickmonsters on ebay. It get's lost in the long thread.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS put faith in the feedback system on fleabay. I mean, take them negatives with a grain of salt and try to read the real facts. Sometimes someone just has buyers remorse, or they screwed up and bought the wrong **** cuz they didn't read the ad and then they're pist off at the seller who did nothing wrong. But if it's a legit complaint, and not something like, the USPS damaged the package... and they post that **** before the seller even had a chance to respond, that's pretty chicken **** and I don't hold that against the seller. And look through the positives too. I know not everyone is perfect, mistakes happen. To me, mistakes are easily forgiven provided they owned up and made it right in short order without hassle. So when I do get the wrong **** or bad part and they took care of it instantly without delay, I always post something to that affect so buyers know how they handle **** when it's wrong or you're not satisified. I've left positive feeback before, Received wrong item, fast response, correct item recvd promptly.

Like you said, stuff happens. I've been in the customer service game long enough I have seen too many things go sideways. My pholosophy is that anyone can have something go wrong either by accident or screwup... what makes or breaks a company is how they respond to it. If the comapny does everything they possibly can to make it right then I don't care. The product or service might not have been the best but I've seen those kind of companies outshine the fortune 500 because they work their tails off to satisfy the customer. On the other hand I've dealt with companies that couldn't give two ***** once they have your money. I remember both and shop accordingly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jingle1